Concord, MA on a Foggy Night - C&C Welcome

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by manaheim, Jun 30, 2008.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A buddy of mine said "My wife is driving me nuts... let's go take pictures in Concord." :lol: Not being one to shun a cool idea, not to mention abandoning a grouchy wife, I was out the door in minutes. :)

Let me know what you think! Thanks!

== 1 ==
    The Old North Bridge. This is essentially where the entire US revolutionary war began. The first major skirmish occurred here.
    [​IMG]

== 2 ==
    The Minuteman statue on the opposite side of the bridge, where our "troops" first held their ground.
    [​IMG]

== 3 ==
    The baptist church near the Milldam in the center of Concord. I'm sure it has some fascinating history, but I don't know it off the top of my head. :)
    [​IMG]

2. Senor Hound

Senor Hound TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Was that the church Paul Revere rode to in order to put up the light saying "one if by land, two if by sea?" I don't know if it is or not.

The photos are great. They really do a good job of instilling that patriotic spirit. Thank you for sharing.

3. kellylindseyphotography

kellylindseyphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Nice shots! I like the first the best.. that cool tone is really nice. I'm from Mass too :D We did field trips at concord every year in elementry school when I was growing up :)

4. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks! No, that's actually Old North Church in Boston proper. Old North Church... Old North Bridge... we Bostonians are just SO creative with our names. :lol:

Ah cool! I've lived most of my life within 10 miles or so of Concord, MA. A lot of history around here, which is very neat. I actually have an aerial shot of the USS Constitution somewhere, too. Oddly, my wife has lived here her entire life and had never even been to some of the historic sites in Concord before we started dating.

Glad you liked the pics!