Confederate Cemetery

firemedic0135

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These photos are from a cemetery in town that is home to several of Texas' former officials and Confederate States of America Soldiers and officers.I have left the photos unedited so you can see the original composition(if any) and leave any critique you think may be helpfull.I would rather not take photos haphazardly nowing I can edit them later,I would rather take a phot based on knowledge learned.I did learn today that I need a Wider angle lens.Widest I have is 35mm.Not gonna post em all but if you want to look at other check em out at photobucket and send any info to me.
Thanks

DSC00129.jpg

DSC00139.jpg

DSC00137.jpg

DSC00135.jpg

DSC00150.jpg

DSC00179.jpg

DSC00178.jpg

DSC00169.jpg

I really love number 3, the angle and composition is great. The blurry effect in the background also works really well with the photo. Good work!

My favourite of your little series is #5. I am a sucker for close close-ups of scenes, so I guess I would normally be all happy enough with 35mm as the widest angle I could get, and would always zoom in on the little things, like you did in #5.

The last shows how very unfavourable the surroundings are in which there is this cemetery, and I like that photo for documentary reasons.

All could do with some work in whichever post processing software, they could do with some much "punch", since as they are now they all look a little flat.

The last shows how very unfavourable the surroundings are in which there is this cemetery, and I like that photo for documentary reasons.

All could do with some work in whichever post processing software, they could do with some much "punch", since as they are now they all look a little flat.

I agree about the suroundings in the last.I really liked the angle of that shot and didnt think it looked good the other way.That old feed mill is really an eyesore but so is alot of the town.

I currently have Paint Shop Pro 11 and am learning how to use it as I go with mixed results.Seems cs2 is much more popular.

Can I have a go at the last one then?

I really like both 3 and 4.

If you don't mind me asking....what town in Texas (I'm assuming) is this in?

No Problem.It is in Marshall,Tx.
There is another old cemetery in town I am going to go shoot tommorow(dont know why I am so facinated with them right now) and hopefully the weather will be better,was very overcast and grey today.
Thanks for the comments by the way.

thanks...I had no idea there was a Confederate cemetary that way. There are some interesting markers all along Hwy 21 (the old San Antonio Rd) ...your close. More immagration related....but from around the same era.
Again nice shots.

Right then (and just for fun - I was curious to see what was in there):

firemedico_DSC00169_myedit.jpg

Good job on the edit!! How did you do it?

see what was were?

Just so... what more was hidden in the photo as such (as to the sky, the possible contrasts, in the background vs foreground) - I did not expect to find things previously all unseen here :wink: !

I selectively worked on the midtones in the sky parts, on the highlights of the tombstones, and on the overall highlight/shadow situation of the background. All done by throwing a lasso feathered at 60px round the areas I wanted to work on and working on the levels. That was all.

(Is this too much of Photoshop lingo?)

A tad but I will catch on.I really need to study my paintshop pro somehow that or just get photoshop and a book!!I am lost with this editing software.I change and edit photos and can never get them right and when I now what I want to do I cant figure out how to do it correctly.Just need to study it a little,or alot LOL

Most reactions

New Topics

Back