Conference Question

grphixchc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone. I have a question...I recently was hired by a professional portrait photographer as a graphic designer. I have for 5 years been a graphic designer for a magazine publication firm.

I'm curious if anyone can suggest conferences that would be beneficial to me as a designer in the photography field. She is attending Imaging USA, Tampa in January and wants to know if I would like to join her. I was reading the schedule, and notice there are not many class descriptions listed for the Adobe Track. I can’t imagine that track of the conference wouldn’t appeal to me. Can anyone tell me a little about it?

Another conference that I had looked at was: http://www.agitraining.com/cs3/cs3seminar/

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Welcome to the forum.

By Adobe 'Track'...do you mean the line of Adobe programs and the associated workflow? If so, I would think that it would be a worthwhile learning experience for anyone.

Have you used Adobe Lightroom? That seems to be one of the favorite 'workflow' programs for photographers. I've heard from photographers who have edited an entire shoot (wedding for example) in Lightroom, without having to use Photoshop at all.

If you are going to be working on Photos...and large numbers of them. Any time saving method or technique is in your best interest...and I'm guessing that is something you might learn at a conference like that.

Hi Big Mike! By Adobe Track, I mean - there are 4-5 different tracks (sections, they call them tracks) to that Imaging USA conference. It looks like they focus on Photoshop & Lightroom, in the Adobe track. There are just no course / class descriptions - so it's very vague. So I was hoping that someone with experience could clue me in. :)

I currently do not use Lightroom. I use PS CS3, along with Illustrator CS3 for illustration work & InDesign for photobook layouts. Like I said, I have been a designer for 5 years for a magazine firm, and have designed magazines cover to back. So I'm currently still a multi-program girl.

I have seen a couple presentations for Lightroom - looks really interesting!

Sorry, I'm not on the level where I'm attending conferences...yet :er:

I guess you could call or E-mail someone involved and ask for a more specific layout of the 'track', to better judge if it would be a benefit for you.

For graphic design work, I would certainly assume that PS and Illustrator would be your tools of choice. I don't know what you will be doing with your new employer...but from what I know of Lightroom...it's a real lifesaver for photographers. It's a workflow program, or so I call it, because it's easy to make the same edits on multiple images...which allows you to quickly edit many hundreds or even thousands of images (RAW files). Also, it's a non-destructive workflow because the edits are not saved/applied to the image itself...but the changes are saved and only applied when you output the file.

Most reactions

Back