Confusing...Radio Triggers and Hot shoe trouble

IIRC, you can have a flash in the hot shoe and have a PC cord (on the side of your camera) to the transmitter.

There are also adapters that allow for a PC cord and hotshoe mounted flash.

I use cactus V2s and I am happy given the budget. If you are moving towards professional work, you'll want to put in for the more reliable Pocket wizards.

The other option is to use a strobo frame with a mounted flash and remote trigger and just have as single transmitter in the hotshoe.

BTW.. I like that 1n-RS... very unique camera in the Canon line... pellical mirror.

UPS just dropped off my 1n-rs this afternoon. I've been playing with it for a few hours. It's not a very versatile camera but i love it. It's definitely an action sports camera which is why I bought it. I just ordered a 540ez and next paycheck I'm ordering some 283's and the Cactus V2's. I'd hate to have to add a bracket to this already monstrous beast of a camera. With batteries film, lens, and a flash this thing's going to weigh a good 7 or 8lbs if not more. It definitely has a pc jack. If the V2's don't come with the pc cord I guess i'm going to have to hunt down the right cords. thanks for all the help.

On another note. I need a backup body to carry with me when I go out skating. I bought the 1n-rs for its high speed motor drive. It's the only camera that shoots 10fps stock. I was thinking an eos 3. I don't need another 1n-rs just something to catch frames inbetween film swaps. I've heard the eos 3 has an amazing af sensor. Would this camera suffice? It wouldn't be used for sequences just single shots. I can get this camera used for about $250.

EOS 3 is a nice camera although I personally would go for another 1 series just for the sake of having the same controls for both primary and backup. IMO, I wouldn't call it a backup per say... just another camera. The RS is a wonderful camera due to the 10fps stock and the pellical mirror. Unfortunately, both come at a compromise. Since light will have to travel through the mirror there is some light loss (IIRC 1/3 a stop). So there will be times that this "backup" will be used as your primary when you can't afford to compromise.

Yea I've noticed the light loss, but only when the sun starts to set. During the day the camera is fine. I was leaning towards the eos 3 because of it's auto focus capabilities, but I could just as easily buy an eos 1 or eos 1n for the same price. But I also wanted a camera that would pick up the slack when the 1n rs has trouble. I plan on shooting a lot of action at night with three or more flashes. I haven't had the chance to use the 1n rs with that kind of setup yet. From what I've read the eos 3 has far superior af capabilities which would def. help in low light situations.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back