Confusion!

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What are your thoughts.
I am really liking this shot. I get a sense of confusion looking at it. I like that some tones of the sky and steel are simmilar, almost becoming one. At first I didn't like the big white shape on the lower left. It seems to add more to the confusion though. I think that because of the lighter area on the bottom right, that leads into a darker "beam" that goes behind the other white shape. I think it really ****s with the perspective.

4303088084_a924e8723d_o.jpg

Neat shot! I like the strange tones here. My thoughts are that I wish the chunk in the lower left was exposed the same as the rest of the photo. It looks like everything is covered in ash in a way, (sorry, I am a weirdo.) :lol:

nice shot

it has a 3D computer model feel to it

I like it, it holds my attention as I try to figure it out.

it is confusing...I'm not sure which way is up and which is down. I do think it might look a little better if the lower right part of the beam was the same color as the rest of it. The white part on the lower left doesn't bother me as much as it's obviously closer and may have had some light source shining on it.

i like this photo a lot as well. the white beam makes the composition interesting,
it balances with the heavy beam on the top right.
the tones are spot on. no confusion for me here, very clear :thumbup:

I like it. I enjoy most "confusing" shots like these (usually architecture or structures) because of all the shapes and lines that keep you wandering around the picture to figure it all out. Well done.

I'd be interested to see a shot with a little more separation between the metal and the sky, but still like it as-is.

Looks like a hell of a good AutoCAD model ta me. lol

I like confusion too but...

Love the lines, love the way you framed it, love the much lighter area in bottom left but I DO want to see a tone difference between the sky and the metal work.

I like it too, but it is confusing. It seems like light is coming from different directions. The bright beam in front seems to be lit from top right, whereas several elements in the background (or that are further back) seem to be lit from the left.

I like it. It does have a computer model feel to it. How was it shot and what did you do for PP?

I like the light beam in the foreground, as said I think it adds balance and perspective.

I'm a bit confused by the lighting but not in a bad way. What is the deal with the lighter area at bottom right? The fact that it has the same light value as the near beam at bottom left adds to the confusion.

Cool, glad you all can apprecite it.

As for the lighting...The bridge is lit from many different angles, and the light foreground elements were lit by sidewalk lights. The sky is such a similar tonal value, because this was downtown, and the city lights made the hazy sky brighter. If I were to do something different, I would use a flash to light up more of the right side arch/beam. To help balance that brightness out a little.

I used Topaz Denoise (the sky was a little noisey), and Topaz Clean. I really like how Topaz Clean smoothed the image out, creating a touch of surreality. It was shot on a tripod, Tamron 28 to 75mm 2.8, I think I used F/11. I have been really impressed with that lens and the 5Dmk II's image quality just blows away my little Rebel XSi :)

I will definately be revisiting this bridge. Perhaps a clearer night will give a little more seperation.

Definitely a cool photo!

I like it because it had a lot to keep my attention.
When I looked at it the first time I didn't know what the background was, I didn't realize it was sky until I read your second post and without that perspective I wasn't even sure it was a bridge and it held my interest as I tried to put the structure into some sort of order so my mind could wrap around what I was looking at.
I like the white in the corner. I think it gives dimension to the shot, as real sense of depth that I don't think would be there if it was the same color as the rest of the bridge.

Most reactions

Back