Consent Forms

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by EleanorW, Aug 19, 2009.

1. EleanorW

EleanorW TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    This weekend, my city is having a very large hot rod and antique car show and I plan on practising my photography on the cars, when owners are willing to let me :) A photographer I am learning from said that even though my intentions are just for practise, that I should still get consent forms signed so that if down the road I want to use one of the photo's I'm covered. Is this a good idea, and where would I find a good, standard form?

2. jess28

jess28 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You can just google Photography Release and find a ton of good ones, most that allow you to just cut and paste. I would print them business card size (or pocket size) just to make it a bit easier to keep up with them. If you plan to edit and host the images you could also print a card with the location they will be hosted if you want the participants to be able to see (and possibly want to purchase) them.
    Have fun!

3. c.cloudwalker

c.cloudwalker TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I thought you would have gotten an answer by now. I did not give you one because here in the US they are state specific and I figured you'd be better off getting your answer from someone in Canada.

Google "model release canada" and see where that takes you. For the US I found free legal sites where I could customize according to my state. There's got to be something similar for Canada.

4. EleanorW

EleanorW TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I just spent an hour searching - only came up with 1 really long form that's geared to Canada... I guess I better make room in my camera bag for papers lol