Considering making some money on the weekends.

Remember, ESP! Expressions Sell Portraits. You have to get to a position where you are seeing the faces, even of someone sliding into base. Zoom in closer too!

well I kind of gave up on trying to make money, as I have much to learn. I may be wrong but it seems like action shots are kind of hard to take. :lol: Clouds come and go, trying to be in the right spot, etc. My trial at smugmug ended today, so its either pay up, or forget it. I have been reconsidering trying to sell based on emotion. If I have a picture of Jenny sliding into home, it may still be worth something as I am the only one with a photo of it??

That is not to say I am not practicing and improving. I bought a field guide for the 50D, that is much better than the manual. I am also considering a book that is highly suggested here, I think it is called understanding exposure.

This last weekend I focused on home plate for a while. I missed a field umpire caught off guard that was backing up rather fast to get in position for a play at 2nd. He wound up doing a complete backwards somersault, jumping up and waving his hands safe. he got a full round of applauds.

Really trying to get the exposure angle right. I have learned as I zoom in, my aperture goes up. DOH! I need to keep a rather high shutter speed to catch the action, so that leaves me with just ISO.

I got about 400 shots from a game on Friday that I need to look through and see if there are any that are TPF worthy !!! Well I know one is special, thats my DD who doesnt get to play much, got a chance to start and got a double with an RBI !!

If I do decide to make a go of it, should I edit pictures like cropping before uploading? Or just make a note on the home page that all files are xxx by xxx size and can be cropped, touched up, etc (by myself or the purchaser) while maintaining image quality?

I have started shooting in RAW FYI

Crop, edit and only put sellable photos up online. In other words, if it isn't in focus it's not sellable. If there are no faces in the shot, it's not sellable.

Most reactions

Back