Constantine?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mygrain, Feb 18, 2005.

1. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Any body got plans so see it this weekend? Kenau isn't the greatest but the Hellblazer comic is pretty damn cool. Bad reviews that I've read so far mean that i will probably love it.

ALSO is anyone dissappointed by the Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy trailer? The graphics looks great but why did the make the cast so off from the book?

2. MDowdey

MDowdey Guest

i cant wait for constantine. but heres what i dont get...

everyone hates keanu reeves! i think he is great for the amount of science fiction he does. sure, he might not be the most versatile...but there wasnt a movie he was terrible in. so that being said, im gonna go break out some "point break" and break open some doritos.

md

3. mygrain

Photos NOT OK to edit
    lol...yer right Matt. His scifi is always pretty damn cool. I love Johnny Mnemonic. They dont make many cyberpunk movies and this one was even a bit low budget. He is abit wooden though in his acting but it worked for the matrix.

Did you ever see FreeJack with Mick Jagger and emilio Estevez...now that is bbbaaadddd scifi.

4. Scott WRG Editor

Scott WRG Editor King of Smoothness

I like Keanu Reeves, he does interesting stuff and while he is limited as an actor he does well within these limitations. And I loved Point Break, or maybe just Lori Petty in a wetsuit...

Anywho, I plane on seeing Constantine at somepoint, not sure if it will be this weekend.

5. Corry

Corry Flirtacious and Bodacious Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    They had an advanced showing of it at ISU, where my boyfriend goes, and he saw it last week...he said it wasn't fantastic, but it wasn't too bad either.

He told me that they had people wearing all black walking around in night vision goggles to make sure no one was trying to record it or anything. :) Awesome.

6. mygrain

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yeah lori petty wet... Lori petty in Tank Girl...lori petty [​IMG]

7. mygrain

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Okay I saw it yesterday afternoon....and I was not to impressed. Yes the graphics were really good...actaully at times i felt it a bit lacking in quality. The cast were very deadpan. Not much in the believable department. The story was okay, but didn't go into much detail in somethings. it kept the usual sappy love interest thing going on way too much. why does the hero always have to have the love intererst? I'd love for the heroine to be just that and not the hero's glory hole just once. rachael wiez can act and she is much more than just a hottie... anyhoo. if you like unsuspensful gothic themed movies...why are you still reading this and not inline for popcorn!!!!?!