Constructive Criticism Needed

TheCanonGuy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello There,

I am new member who is passionate about photography. I bought my first DSLR Canon 70D in May this year and decided to upgrade to a full frame Canon 6D a few weeks ago.
763947889e7eb49c5425383cf4106227.jpg
I currently have two lenses - the Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 ii and a Canon 50mm f/1.4. I mainly enjoy people photography.

Please can you kindly give me some feedback on this photo. Many thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh my goddess, I live for her hair! Gorgeous.

My critique would be to avoid cutting off the arm at the bottom of the frame, and if this was posed, I would recommend having her make eye contact with the lens and to bring her chin more towards the camera as well. I would also have her put her hand underneath her chin instead of covering the front of it. Having her rest her chin on the top of her hand instead of the palm could create a more elegant look instead of making her look a little bored.

The focus is to much on the hair and missing in the eye. A FF camera has lesser DOF then a crop so it is more sensitive on mis focus. And I would crop a bit behind the girl so she is less in the middel

I agree about her hair, super cool!
Other why's, Dan has you on the right path.
You are definitely taking some nice photos!!! :)

The biggest issue is that her line of gaze goes out at the "short side" of the frame, which creates a lot of visual tension. She needs more "room to look into" to create harmony, instead of tension.

Oh my goddess, I live for her hair! Gorgeous.

My critique would be to avoid cutting off the arm at the bottom of the frame, and if this was posed, I would recommend having her make eye contact with the lens and to bring her chin more towards the camera as well. I would also have her put her hand underneath her chin instead of covering the front of it. Having her rest her chin on the top of her hand instead of the palm could create a more elegant look instead of making her look a little bored.
Many thanks for the feedback. The photo was not posed. I took the shot when she was unaware of it. I agree that I should not have cut off part of her arm, that was a mistake on my part.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

New Topics

Back