Contact Sheets

darin3200

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
friedrichsphotography.com
I have a bit of a problem. I cut my negs into strips of 4. However, with 36 exp rolls I can't fit all the negs onto a 8x10" sheet of paper for the contact print.

How does everyone else do the 36exp contact sheets?

Thanks

I usually print 2 contact sheets, just for a better density spread. So when I have a roll of 36, one line will get sacrificed on each, which is seldom a big deal.

I like the idea of switching to portrait, though. duh!! :lol: I can still get a density spread but have all the frames.

I have the same problem, Darin. I cut mine into strips of 5, and of course those don't work, either. There must be a better way.

Some always get clipped off for me too (i usually cut them in fives) when I shoot 36 frame rolls since I print them in portait orientation. Printing two contact sheets is a good idea.

strips of five fit on 8x10, but only 35 frames.

I always just did it in two contact sheets =p Sure took one extra piece of paper but I had all my images and didn't fuss with getting stuff to fit.

This is how I do it:

cp060311.a.jpg

I lay the strips out so that the sprocket holes overlap. It works for me; I just have to count to figure out what the frame numbers are... or figure out the overlapping frame numbers--but all 36 get on there.

Oh, and in the blank space, I make notes with a sharpie on the back of the glass... since it involves writing backwards, I usually just put my archive ID for that sheet. I just got an idea, though.... write the notes on a piece of the blank leader and put that in the blank spot... why didn't I think of that before?

-James

Most reactions

New Topics

Back