Contax T ix Vs. Canon A35F

jorgeantonystride

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was wondering if anyone could assist me with deciding on a camera purchase. I have the opportunity to be either A Contax T ix or a Canon A35F and am stumped to what to do. I like the idea of the contax as i see it as a smaller more compact version of the contax T2, but already have a fairly competent compact point and shoot camera in the Olympus stylus epic II. The Canon is a rangefinder and is fairly old, but but have read that it operates much like a leica m. Ideally I'd like both but can only purchase one. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Contax T ix
Contax T ix APS Camera Reviews
Canon A35F
Canon Camera Museum | Camera Hall - Film Cameras

My budget at the moment is very low, i think my current max would be just above £100. Ideally i'd very much like to get a Contax T2 or similar 35mm high quality compact camer, but am also in interested in finding a decent rangefinder camera much like the leica M range.
Like I said I currently own two Olympus Stylus Epic II, but have encountered some inconsistencies which are occurring more often. I had a Yashica T4 which disappointed me repeatedly and have been put off ever since.

so would you say the Canonet QL17 is better than the canon A35F, considering that the canon A35F is technically part of the Canonet range.

I know very little about the A35F but looking at the specs quickly, I'd say the QL17 is better because of the 40mm f/1.7 (versus the A35F f/2.8) lens. I'm still thinking about this thread..... There is another rangefinder that escapes my mind at the moment. Either made under the Minolta or Konica branding which also is a very good rangefinder in that same class. This particular rangefinder is set apart from its competition by having a spot meter instead of the typical center weighted meter.

Mitica, Compur or anyone else know what I'm talking about?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back