contests

Kickaboo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Does anybody know anything about the website www.picture.com and their photo contests as well as their publications in their books?

Welcome to the forum.

I don't know about that site/contest in particular...but there is something that you should be aware of.

Some sites have contests like this, with the promise of prises and publication in their book. What they actually do is tell everyone (or just about everyone) that they have made the next round etc. just to get you excited. They tell you that your photo was selected for publication and you can buy the book for only $89 (or something like that).
If you look into it, you will see that the book actually has thousands and thousands of tiny photos. They publish all the photos in order to suck people into buying the book at a hugely inflated price.

I have one site that keeps asking me to send them money so I can collect my $500 value prize. I dont trust many of the contest sites.

This is one I entered years ago (taken on an olympus c-220zoom when it was new out)...it works exactly as Big Mike describes.

1424136.jpg

I was inundated for months with mail telling me how much of a bargain I could purchase the book for...everyone gets in the book.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back