continuous shot on d3000

you're doing better than me. I just got mine and cannot get it to shoot continous. I have gone through the guide menu > shoot > advances setting but when I have it set on continuous shoot it only does one shot at a time. any suggestions?(besides return to my grandma's point and shoot)

even during burst mode the shutter goes through so fast it doesnt let enough light in, how would i fix this without disrupting the shutter speed?

like that person said- learn about apeture and ISO because you jump the ISO to 1600 that should help some and also lower the f/stop all the way down. although most people do not realize this unless they are photographers, but indoors there is not a great amount of light to shoot with..
thanks, ill try that, im new to digital SLR, ive been shooting with a film SLR flawlessly, im startin to get used to the digital though, maybe il even be better with digital than i am with film

Exposure is no different on a DSLR, so you have no excuse for the black pictures

you're doing better than me. I just got mine and cannot get it to shoot continous. I have gone through the guide menu > shoot > advances setting but when I have it set on continuous shoot it only does one shot at a time. any suggestions?(besides return to my grandma's point and shoot)
See page 53 of your manual "Release Mode". Read the manual several times to learn it all. A quick glance throguh won't cut it, unless you don't mind not really knowing how to get the most out of your D3000.

I don't have a D3000, I just went to Nikon USA.com and downloaded a copy of the manual and looked it up for you.

Last edited:
See page 53 of your manual "Relese Mode". Read the manual several times to learn it all. A quick glance throguh won't cut it, unless you don't mind not really knowing how to get the most out of your D3000.

I don't have a D3000, I just went to Nikon USA.com and downloaded a copy of the manual and looked it up for you.

I'm sorry, but I'm new here and have been readin up on posts the past couple of day. In that time I have seen a lot of your posts pertaining to reading the manual on the D3000, but your information might be out of date. The paper manuals that come with the D3000 is only 61 pages long (where you have pointed people to pages 100+ in the past). The full manual comes on the white CD, or they can find it on the web HERE.

I learn something new everyday.

I go to www.nikonusa.com and find the appropriate info in the users manual they have available online, the one you linked to.

I will no longer try to be so helpful by referring people to page numbers. I'll just keep it ultra simple and and just recommend that they Read The Free Manual on the white CD.

I learn something new everyday.

I go to www.nikonusa.com and find the appropriate info in the users manual they have available online, the one you linked to.

I will no longer try to be so helpful by referring people to page numbers. I'll just keep it ultra simple and and just recommend that they Read The Free Manual on the white CD.

Oh, you can still advise what page number things are on, but you might need to point them to the PDF as well. I found this forum by looking for an answer to a question I had, so it wasn't hard for me to figure out that I need to look at the full manual when you point me to page 160 something and my book was only 61 pages long. Of course I wasn't posting on a forum looking for the information to be handed to me ;), so I doubt the people you where trying to help figured it out. :confused:

And I hope you didn't take my post the wrong way. After looking through your post you seem to be very interested in helping people. You should keep helping them as much as you do.

Most reactions

Back