Contract Question - Help!

cakeordeath777

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shooting a 1st birthday for a group around 30 people. This is my first paid group gig and since I am going to be putting sneaks on my FB and website I am not sure how I work the contract for the group to make sure I am doing everything legitimately. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Seems you've rather put the cart before the horse; since you list no location and contract law varies widely between countries and states/provinces,and we have no idea idea of what the circumstances are, and what has or has not been agreed to before-hand, there's really very little help anyone can offer, other than, "Consult a qualified attorney".

Apologies. I live in TX. So, dear TX photogs, how do you handle contracts for groups of people at a party? Thanks in advance!

If the parents of the year old child are paying you to be there you enter a contractual agreement with them.

Anyone else wanting to buy photos from you gets a legal document known as a use license, or print release with photos they buy from you.

Do you have a legal in Texas, registered business, business liability insurance, a Texas business sales & use tax account, etc?

Last edited:
No, not yet....this is just a side job. :) Thanks for the help KmH!

If this is a birthday party, before you put any sneaks of any photos of anyone's kids on any websites, I'd be looking into releases. And read the Terms on Facebook before you put photos on there.

Doesn't matter if it's a sideline, it's paid work. Try American Society of Media Photographers or PPA for info. on contracts, licensing usage, releases, etc.

Most reactions

Back