Contract

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by tinacolada, Jan 12, 2006.

1. tinacolada

tinacolada TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey, I am just wondering what you all have included in you contract for your customers to sign. I am working on one and it's not going so well. Any ideas or suggestions?
    ~tina

2. e_

e_ TPF Noob!

Hello tinacolada

Here are the standard forms i use; they may be downloaded in a convenient .pdf format and adjusted to suit your own purpose

Portrait & Wedding: (*)

(i) Standard Terms & Conditions

(ii) Booking Agreement

(iii) Order Agreement

Commercial Work: (*)

(i) License & Order Confirmation

(ii) Terms & Conditions of Engagement

Release Forms: (**)

(i) Property Release

(ii) Model Release

(iii) Quick Property/Model Release Form

Have fun!

:)

e_

CREDITS:

(*) http://nzipp.org.nz

(**) http://aipa.org.nz

3. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

With the exception of weddings, I don't use contracts. Have never needed one. When making portraits, I get money as we go along. The session is paid on the day of the shoot, a deposit is paid when proofs are delivered, and half the money is paid when orders are placed with balance upon completion. So, there's little risk on my part. I don't think I'd work very hard at coming up with something I'm bound to.

Commercial jobs sometimes require a detailed, written quote, but I don't recall any contracts.

Weddings, or course are a different animal. More at stake. So I require a contract to limit my liability.

I hope this helps.

Pete

4. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Whatever other contracts you decide on, make sure you include a model release. That's one you need if you plan on using the images for anything other than a news story.

5. craig

craig TPF Noob!

My commercial/freelance work is very different from yours. Personally I go with time plus 15% over the cost of materials. Time is hard to bid. If you are starting then it could be $25.00 per hour. If you are established then the rate can go very high. The key is to make sure that everyone is clear on the price of the work before the work starts.

6. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

This is pretty much what I do too. I mark up my materials a bit more (30-50%) when I can. My day rate is $1200, but with the current state of the art (digital), I'm rethinking this. Recently, I've done a few jobs at a lower rate... closer to $900/day. I will give a quote of cost/view on smaller jobs.