Contract

tinacolada

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ittybittyportraits.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey, I am just wondering what you all have included in you contract for your customers to sign. I am working on one and it's not going so well. Any ideas or suggestions?
~tina

Hello tinacolada

Here are the standard forms i use; they may be downloaded in a convenient .pdf format and adjusted to suit your own purpose

Portrait & Wedding: (*)

(i) Standard Terms & Conditions

(ii) Booking Agreement

(iii) Order Agreement

Commercial Work: (*)

(i) License & Order Confirmation

(ii) Terms & Conditions of Engagement

Release Forms: (**)

(i) Property Release

(ii) Model Release

(iii) Quick Property/Model Release Form

Have fun!

:)

e_

CREDITS:

(*) http://nzipp.org.nz

(**) http://aipa.org.nz

With the exception of weddings, I don't use contracts. Have never needed one. When making portraits, I get money as we go along. The session is paid on the day of the shoot, a deposit is paid when proofs are delivered, and half the money is paid when orders are placed with balance upon completion. So, there's little risk on my part. I don't think I'd work very hard at coming up with something I'm bound to.

Commercial jobs sometimes require a detailed, written quote, but I don't recall any contracts.

Weddings, or course are a different animal. More at stake. So I require a contract to limit my liability.

I hope this helps.

Pete

My commercial/freelance work is very different from yours. Personally I go with time plus 15% over the cost of materials. Time is hard to bid. If you are starting then it could be $25.00 per hour. If you are established then the rate can go very high. The key is to make sure that everyone is clear on the price of the work before the work starts.

craig said:
My commercial/freelance work is very different from yours. Personally I go with time plus 15% over the cost of materials. Time is hard to bid. If you are starting then it could be $25.00 per hour. If you are established then the rate can go very high. The key is to make sure that everyone is clear on the price of the work before the work starts.

This is pretty much what I do too. I mark up my materials a bit more (30-50%) when I can. My day rate is $1200, but with the current state of the art (digital), I'm rethinking this. Recently, I've done a few jobs at a lower rate... closer to $900/day. I will give a quote of cost/view on smaller jobs.

Most reactions

Back