Converging lines

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by yip812, Feb 22, 2007.

1. yip812

yip812 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    My sister is doing a photography course through NYIP. One of her projects is "converging lines". She was having trouble with this one, so while we were out shooting at one of the local parks, I found this bridge (it's a pedestrian bridge that goes over the freeway). So, while she was taking pictures of me (I was her subject), I got a few of my own.

This was taken with a minolta maxxum 300si, I may try again with my manual focus camera, because even with this camera in manual mode, I couldn't quite get her in focus.

Anyway, lack of focus or not, it's an interesting picture.

[​IMG]

2. PNA

PNA TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    When you try again....try a faster shutter speed and use a tripod.

Looks like you have a bit of the shakes.

3. yip812

yip812 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I will use a faster shutter speed, my minolta doesn't let me choose anything (pretty basic autofocus SLR). My praktica is completely manual, so I'm willing to bet I'll get clearer results.

4. cosmonaut

cosmonaut No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Try getting lower to the ground make sure you are in the center of the bridge and go back when there are no harsh shadows...
    Cosmo

5. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Well, I will just overlook the technical flaws of this photo and focus on the compositional assignment (converging lines) and must say that I find it pretty nicely solved, enhanced by the shadows of the all-around-fence of this bridge, so I personally like the light you had when you took these.

It is ONE possibility to have the person placed in the VERY centre of the frame with all the lines pointing at that person, another would be to bring a step ladder and try to move your POV even higher up and shape the lines from there (or the other way round, from even further down) ... I feel you should return to this bridge more often than once. It is yet to be explored, I think.