converter

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by vade, Feb 22, 2007.

1. vade

vade TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hi i just started messing around shooting in raw i see that u can adjust alot with raw compared to jpeg. i was wondering if photoshop elements will convert raw to jpeg when im done editing or if theres another program that will do it,

2. Patrice

Patrice No longer a newbie, moving up!

It will save in jpeg and in tiff (the only two I've used from elements), maybe some others too, possibly pdf.

3. vade

vade TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    huh?

4. fmw

fmw No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photoshop converts images to the desired format when you save the file. Patrice was simply saying that it will save (convert) the image to JPEG or TIFF. The answer to your question is yes, it will convert it to JPEG Read your manual about formats and saving files.

Photoshop creates JPEG when you use the "save for web" command. Perhaps Elements works the same way. Consult your manual.

5. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Photoshop (and maybe P.S. Elements) use a sub program to convert RAW files...it's called Adobe Camera RAW. If Elements does support A.C.R....you may need to update to the latest version, just go to the Adobe web site.

Your camera will have come with software to convert RAW files...but you will have to use that software to adjust and convert...then open them in Photoshop.

There are plenty of other programs that will convert RAW files...and some of them are really good. I've been using Raw Shooter Essentials...it was a free download but it's days are numbered (if it's still avaliable) because Adobe bought it out and created Adobe Lightroom.