convince me not to do it

Pnaocho, in that case, you will really want to look hard at the D70s. They are not That delicate -look at all the people here who have D70 on their sig line. As stated before the electronics on the D100 are a full generation older than the D70 and Rockwell does have something to say about it...
http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/d100.htm
Any way the D70s is a fine camera and should make you quite happy.

BTW, the spending tons on developing film only to keep a small portion of what got developed is what made me invest in a digital. ;)

mike

Just get a D50. You can use most of your older Nikon lenses and it's cheap enough (under 400 US) to beat up and sit it in a closet once your done with your project!

So take a test shot, and check the histogram. Once you know the right exposure it doesn't change until the light does. Before long you won't need to use a light meter at all.

Thanks for the advice!! I can really use it!! :hug::
In fact, I had thought on something similar, but rather primitive and not that nice: take the pictures using the schemes I used long ago with my first non-metering SLR, plus bracketing, and then just checking the preview. But that is definitely a better idea, no need to mention!

For those of you who mention Rockwell, thanks, but I know the guy and have already read what he has to say on the D100. I'm afraid I wouldn't follow him much...

On the other hand, I'm becoming more and more convinced on the D70 (congratulations to you all!). It's still not the last word, but the tendency has changed. But that doesn't mean I see it as clear as many of you. The D100 still seems to me a great camera with a few advantages over the D70. Then you're right, the D70 has more advantages. The problem was which advantages matter more for me, as I said.

Well, thanks so much for your attentive reading and comments. I still don't know when will I have the money in my hands to go ahead, but expect not to be too late. Now I am more than ever looking forward to having it in my hands (either of them!)

Most reactions

Back