Convinced two of my friends to model for me. C&C please

RussJasper

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I did two shoots recently with a couple friends.

the first Set was actually for another photographer.. I was just there aswell taking photos. Now I know these could have been better but I was not using any sort of flash at all. photos were taken in doors and only lighting was from a lamp and a window, thats it.

The second set was for another girls school project. Her theme was supposed to be fashion and being poor as a result. Her idea was to show a young girl who is too skinny because of no money for food - as she spends all money on clothes, appearance, and partying. The child in her hand is to show that there are other people in this world going hungry and she knows it, but can't stop.

tell me what you think.

Set #1:

Set #2:

my favorites are number 4 and number 6! good stuff

... do you have their permission to post the photos up here?

Simply asking, as they may regret it sometime.

I like the 1st set, but would recommend using flash - to get catchlight. I'm a big fan of catchlights. Second theme isn't really my flavor.
Great job.
keep shooting!

#6 is my favorite.

On #5, I'd suggest that you maybe do some photoshop/gimp work to blend the skin a little. I made this for an example:

ddu2s.jpg

Ya, I have had some comments on the skin, i might try to re-edit them. thanks!

And ya, they cool with me posting these, the one just said i can't post them on facebook. haha

As for the flash. If it were my shoot I would have but there was another guy shooting and he was not using any flash... he was shooting film too, not digital. I just asked if I could shoot some while I was there.

The first set was excellent! Great job. Other than the skin retouching, they look good. The second set reminded me of the faces of meth. Don't know how I feel about that yet.

Thats partly what the girl wanted to have... the look of despair. how people go hungry and can't even feed themselves; instead party and buy designer clothes.

Most reactions

Back