voodoocat

))<>((
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.voodoocat.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Greetings, it's cookie time of the year. For a competition on another forum, I entered this recipe. This is the best cookie I have ever had.. and many others that have tried it, proclaim it the best cookie that they've had.

Enjoy!

Chocotoffmealcherry Cookies -

The Ingredients:

ingredients.jpg

1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
4.5 oz bittersweet chocolate, coarsly chopped
5.5 oz toffee pieces

The how-to:

I begin preparing the ingredients by chopping the chocolate with a knife.

01.jpg

Sift the flour and baking soda and set aside.

Using the paddle attachment on your electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar.

02.jpg

On medium-high speed it takes 2-3 minutes to get the mixture light and fluffy. Scrape the bowl once or twice during mixing.

03.jpg

Add the egg and mix on high speed to combine.
Add the vanilla extract:

04.jpg

Scrape the sides of the bowl.

Add the sifted flour mixture a bit at a time on low speed until well combined.

05.jpg

Add the Oatmeal, cherries, toffee and chocolate.

06.jpg

Divide the dough into 3 portions and roll into ~1 1/2 inch-diameter logs using parchment paper.

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

Put your logs into the refridgerator for an hour or so.

Preheat your oven to 350 F.
oventemp.jpg

Remove your logs from the icebox and cut it into ~3/4 inch pieces.

10.jpg

Place dough on parchment paper lined baking sheets.

11.jpg

After baking a few batches I believe that they are perfect when the cookies look almost done. It takes from 10-12 minutes and in our current oven it's 12 minutes. The cookies continue to brown a bit once they cool.

12.jpg

Once you remove them from the oven, immediately transfer to a cooling rack.

All that's left to do is enjoy!

enjoy.jpg

Reactions: Rob
Great little tutorial/recipe followon Great work i'll test em out someday!

Dont' have a recipe at the moment, but I will say that using Parchment paper makes things SO MUCH EASIER!!!!! I use it CONSTANTLY!

Those look tasty Voods!! I LOVE oatmeal as long as there are no raisens in them...i hate those things...cherries are a great sub...never thought of that...I use cranberries and walnuts...da'bomb!

nice pics and looks like a great cookie too... I like oreos...with 3 pieces pepperoni in the middle of 2 cream sides.... I was drunk when i figured that one out... i figured that it was ment to be... there both the same diameter....

Can we eat the cookie dough....? :drool:

Man, those look good, Chad. Looks like Noah appreciates the effort, too. ;)

Great pictures! I'll go get my Christmas cookie recipe, but you'll have to do without the photos. :D

Snowflakes

This is an old cookie recipe I got out of my grandmother's cookbooks, dating back to the 1940's. It calls for a cookie press, so you can make dozens of perfect little cookies! I have a cookie press with plates of Christmas trees, wreaths and snowflakes, so it’s always been my holiday cookie of choice. This dough is almost white in color, and accepts food coloring well, if desired.

Ingredients:
2.5 C sifted flour (all-purpose)
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 C butter (or ½ butter ½ margarine, if you must), room temperature
1 3 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
1 C sugar
1 unbeaten egg yolk
1 tsp. orange rind
1 tsp. vanilla

Red, green sugar crystals or any other cookie decorative bits

Grease cookie sheets. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine sifted flour with salt, cinnamon – then sift again. In large mixing bowl, with large spoon, cream the butter and cheese until smooth. Add sugar until well blended. Beat in egg yolk, vanilla and orange rind. Then gradually add sifted dry ingredients, mix well.

Pack dough into metal cookie press. Press cookies out onto greased cookie sheet, a few inches apart. Lightly press colored sugars or decorative candies onto cookies. Bake 15-18 minutes or until edges are light brown. Run spatula under cookies carefully and remove immediately onto wire rack to cool.

I love baking! I'm gonna try out both!! :mrgreen: Maybe this weekend. I'll get my recipe on there later on.

Who uses convection ovens? We have a gas convection oven. IT IS AMAZING! The chocolate chip cookies get perfectly brown on top and are so thick :drool:

My favorite recipe for chocolate chip cookies is the one that comes on the back of the pack of nestle chips

And my favorite one for oatmeal cookies is the one that comes on the underside of the lid of Quaker Oats

:lol:

Really... the're actually really good recipes... although I think I'm going to give vood's recipe a try

Perhaps I'll try to bake some cookies over Christmas break. The only cookies I've ever made myself (my mom usually makes the cookies) are the Nestle, I think it's Nestle, ones where you just peel them apart and slap 'em on a tray and pop 'em in the oven.

andreag5 said:
Perhaps I'll try to bake some cookies over Christmas break. The only cookies I've ever made myself (my mom usually makes the cookies) are the Nestle, I think it's Nestle, ones where you just peel them apart and slap 'em on a tray and pop 'em in the oven.
Those aren't that bad, either - but nothing beats baking from scratch. It's just time consuming, but when you do have some down time, baking is such fun! Plus, it tastes the absolute best. :goodvibe:

These are the cookies I tend to make at Christmas time these days - they are relatively simple and not too time consuming, which counts for a lot at this time of year :wink:

Lemon and Spice Biscuits

Crisp, melt in the mouth biscuits with a hint of lemon and spice

Ingredients
100 g (4 oz) butter/margarine, softened
100 g (4 oz) caster sugar
1 egg, beaten
225 g (8 oz) self raising flour, sifted
1 tbsp Mixed Spice

grated rind of 1 lemon
100 g (4 oz) icing sugar, sifted

Pre heat the oven to 180 C, 350 F, Gas 4. Grease 3 baking sheets with a little margarine.

Cream the margarine and sugar together and then add the remaining ingredients and work together until they form a smooth dough. Chill for 15 minutes.

Roll the dough out on a floured surface and cut out various shapes using star or Christmas tree cutters. Place the shapes on the prepared baking sheets and bake for 15 -20 minutes.

Cool on wire racks. Mix the icing sugar with a little water and decorate the biscuits. If you wish, roll out some fondant icing and cut into star shapes and stick onto the biscuits with a little glace icing.

Makes at least 24 bisciuts

You can change the spice to cinnamon or something else I guess, but I think the mixture works well with the lemon.

I used to have an amazing almond cookie recipe, I think it was Austrian, that my aunt used to make, but I lost it :grumpy:. I must see if I can find something similar one of these days because they were perfect Christmas cookies.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back