Cookies...

budsk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just take these pics for my wife's blog. She made the cookies. Appreciate any C&C

Thanks

3911153939_8d0a18fc81_b.jpg

3911181709_f5eb74e33d_b.jpg

both underexposed and without a real creative composition, i don't like them very much, sorry :(

If you fix the white balance and exposure, they'll look better.
Also, I'd make the DOF (Depth of Field) narrower (larger F-stop) or deeper so that the jug in the back is either blurrier or sharper (higher F-stop).

The goal here for the white balance was to make the paper under the cookies white.
3911153939_8d0a18fc81_b.jpg

Also want to try to focus on the cookies... drop depth of field, set the cookies fully in frame at a key focus point ( look up rule of thirds ), etc.

Also re-take them with proper exposure unless you have RAW images as the image data simply won't be there if it was an underexposed JPEG.

Yeah i'd try mounting on a tripod if light is scarce, and try a longer exposure and use some artificial lighting. if you don't have an off camera flash set up, try long exposure + a cell phone light (just wave it around evenly like you're painting) ;) Also like the others said, use a large aperture (small f-stop #)

Thanks a lot for all the C&C. As for the underexpose and white balance I did that intentionally to get a warmer pics, but apparently it didn't work right. Again, thanks.

Most reactions

Back