Cool bird chilling on a post

scud133

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I had this posted in the photo gallery and a bunch of people seemed to like it... so I thought what the hell I'll put it in here.
I just joined a few days ago, and I picked up a Nikon N80 last week; one of my first pics taken with it:
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=74043<<my other first few pictures

145n80_18.jpg

If that bird had on a leather jacket and some sunglasses, he'd be as cool as the Fonz :D

I lreally ike the contrast with the bird, the shadow, andthe wood fence in the background. The bird looks really bright and colorful....like its fake or something.

Wow! He is awesome.... :thumbsup: We don't get birds like that around these parts.

For a shot that had to be taken very quickly, while he was cooperating, you did an awfully nice job with the composition here. Good image of a very unique subject. :D

Looks like ones we saw in Austrailia on Hamilton Island. I think Digital Matt is correct that it is a Lorikeet.

The bird in question is in fact a Rainbow Lorikeet
(Trichoglossus Haematodus). Found predominately in Australia but also in New Guinea, Solomon Islands and New Caledonia.

Sorry about that gang but i used to be a bit of a "Bird Nerd" in my youth. Hope it answered your questions in regards to the feathered friend in question though.

The colours are great in this photograph, he really does stand out from the background, I like it alot!

Most reactions

Back