Cool Church

Chris Stegner

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bluegrassphotography.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ran into this church in Versalles Indiana last summer. The town is a sleepy midwest town with your basic midwest architecture so I thought this church really stood out. As I was shooting, a couple of elderly ladies came out after choir practice and saw me shooting. They invited me in to shoot (maybe some posts later of the interior) and proceeded to tell me all about the church. I very much enjoyed their enthusiasum (sp?) of their church.

Oh, by the way... this is one of my first vertical panoramic shots. Created from 6 horizontal shots the final full-resolution image is 87 MB!

Kind of cool huh?

VersaillesMethodistPano.jpg

Nice church... Do you have any close up shots with design detail?

interesting architecture fo sure. Personally I think the building is hideous.

But, Sw1tchFX, it DOES stand out, there is no doubt about it.
And I'm happy for Chris's experience of having been given a tour of the church by the ladies of the choir - something as positive and friendly and open is nice in amongst all those stories of members/fellow photographers being harrassed for their taking photos.

As to the pano aspect of this photo: I wouldn't have guessed, so it must be well done (I have never created a pano shot in my life, so I admire everyone - easily! - who can do this ;) ), though it doesn't look that vertical to me, it borders on square, almost. But nevermind that, it looks good and I assume (just assume) that without the composite, there'd have been a lot more distortion? Is that why people "go the pano composite way"?

Interesting church, very nice shot. I'd also like to know why you decided to do a pano.

Beautiful building. Lots of nice curves. Great shot too.

"I do lots of horizontal pano shots, and looked at the church and thought I'd try a vertical one. Really nothing more than that."

That's a perfectly good reason. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back