cool patterns and a sign

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by tr0gd0o0r, Mar 2, 2004.

1. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    walked around campus a little bit today and got this interesting shot of the sign at the front of campus

[​IMG]
    *polarizing filter

this show is of the cloth overhang over a restaurant that was built in the 50s and is about to be converted into a photography studio. I can't really tell if i like bw or color better yall let me know

[​IMG]

and heres the b&w
    [​IMG]
    (i may'be used a polarizing filter on these also but i can't remember)

let me know what yall think. Anything i could do better? hate the shots? whatever lemme know

2. ksmattfish

ksmattfish Now 100% DC - not as cool as I once was, but still

Photos NOT OK to edit
    You note a polarizer on the first image, but I see glare on the shiny leaves in the lower right corner. Watch for subtle changes in the appearance of plants as you adjust the pol. It can be hard to see through a small viewfinder. Overall there just isn't much going on here.

On the other hand the next one is pretty exciting. And for a change I'm going with the color photo. Both versions seem monochromatic, but the gold adds warmth and richness that I find appealing. Also the BW seems busy and flat while somehow the gold color helps add depth.

3. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the first one I am having a bit of trouble understanding what you are trying to capture :scratch:

have to agree with ksmattfish on the gold one.... the colour added makes it look a bit like a duotone, a nice touch to an interesting shot. very cool indeed 8)

4. Tammy

Tammy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm with those guys. Of the two, I like the color shot better. Interesting catch.