cool photo site - kite aerial photography

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by vonnagy, Jul 28, 2004.

1. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    blurb

Background Info
    I’ve been interested in photography for as long as I can remember, and kite aerial photography (KAP) seemed like a natural progression. At least it did after my friend, Thomas Dewez, convinced me that it isn’t completely ridiculous to suspend an $800 camera from a kite. After seeing the potential in online galleries, I knew that I had to do this! I spent a few months researching equipment, technique, etc. before diving in. I had not flown a kite since I was a kid, so I’m learning as I go…

http://scotthaefner.com/kap/gallery/

2. Karalee

Karalee hOtLiPs!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Ive heard about this but Id be too scared to hook an $800+ camera up to a kite of all things.

Ive also heard abot some people who photograph with aerial photography, using remote control choppers and attaching their cam to that too.

:shock:

3. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    This is rather interesting. I came up with the same idea a while ago but didnt give it much thought since I didnt like the idea of putting a camera on a kite that would crash when it comes down, hehe.

the helicoptor idea is interesting.

4. Bosscat

Bosscat TPF Noob!

What about putting your old MF camera on a kite???........since they are pretty much worthless..........what do you have to lose???

5. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    medium format camera's are cheap? arent they more than slr's, etc? And the mf camera's ive seen only have 15 exposures on a roll. thats a rather short air time trip. digital is best to get morem pictures and no developing cost. and the majority of the shots will prob be throw away.