cool shoot this weeekend

johendley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
had a fun model this weekend. she loved my bike..
jenbshootoct2009206framed.jpg

jenbshootoct2009_56framedbricklight.jpg

jenbshootoct2009_5bwframed.jpg

#1 is blown out all over the place. May have been what you were going for but kills it for me.

#2 is generally soft all over except for the background which is nice and sharp. The edit has really messed with several areas of the photo. The uneven exposure throughout being a very big point. And what looks like cloning has destroyed some edges, namely around the hat.

#3 is a great shot.

i like the poses and composition in number 2 & 3, not so much #1. I agree with Kegger about the softness of #2. Was it just not focussed properly or was it a deliberate post process?

Here's my thoughts.

1. Lighting is way too even for me causing...not necessarily a flat look, but I don't know how else to describe it. I like to see some shadows (not harsh shadows, but lighter, smoother shadows) to give depth to the image. I guess flat is the word because there is just no depth to the photo due to the lighting.

2. As said, it's just way too soft for me. I'm also not loving the vignette issues going on here...don't know if it was shot like that or done in post, but three of the corners have a dark vignette while the upper right seems to have none (or a white vignette)...I'm just not loving the processing. I'd also like to see some more space on the right of the frame (model's left) to give an idea of where she is looking.

3. Definitely a great image. I like the processing, posing, etc... I would have preferred not having the tip of the front of the bike cutoff, but it is still a great image regardless.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back