Cooper's Hawk - Pigeon sympathizers should ignore

BrentC

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been trying to find away to get rid of the pigeons that come to my feeders. They make a mess and our deck is full of crap. About a month ago I noticed a pile of feathers in my backyard and I knew a hawk got one. A day of rejoicing! One down.
Well today I happened to be at home instead of work and when I took a look outside I saw this Juvenile Cooper's Hawk with a pigeon. Two down! Unfortunately missed the catch but it didn't look by much. I went on the deck which was only 15-20 feet from the hawk. I didn't seem to bother him so had a chance to get some photos.

Juvenile Cooper's Hawk by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Dinner time by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

Guilty by Brent Cameron, on Flickr

ace, was it a normal pigeon or a wood pigeon? I like wood pigeons, but not the scabby normal ones

On another note I think this is the first time I've seen photos from the lens you use without the TC attached, the colour and sharpness is wonderful. I really love my Nikon 300mm f/4, way more than my Tamron.

On another note I think this is the first time I've seen photos from the lens you use without the TC attached, the colour and sharpness is wonderful. I really love my Nikon 300mm f/4, way more than my Tamron.

Seems I always need the reach so the TC is almost constantly on. No way I could use it on these shots. I should probably use it without the TC more often and just crop a little more.

Seems I always need the reach so the TC is almost constantly on. No way I could use it on these shots. I should probably use it without the TC more often and just crop a little more.
That's what I've been doing if needed, just crop seeing as the images are coming out at 6000 x 4000 pixels. Once my Tamron is paid off in Feb, It's going on ebay!

These are seriously sharp Brent. The color is bright and very nice. That first one reminds me of an old vampire movie:chuncky:

Another great set. Super sharp. Definitely one way to get rid of the pigeons.

Great set i want the two where we are to take out a few squirrels.

These are seriously sharp Brent. The color is bright and very nice. That first one reminds me of an old vampire movie:chuncky:

Thanks Dean.

Thank you. If only I can get him to take one a day.

Excellent set.

Thank you.

Nooo not the squirrels. The squirrels don't give me problems and they co-exist happily with the birds. I like squirrels.

Thanks Dean.

Excellent set.

Thank you.

Nooo not the squirrels. The squirrels don't give me problems and they co-exist happily with the birds. I like squirrels.
the ones here don't they chase the Jay's juncos and doves off as well as the chipmunk and they come
In as a group of three and keep emptying the feeder after I just filled it up

Thanks Dean.

Excellent set.

Thank you.

the ones here don't they chase the Jay's juncos and doves off as well as the chipmunk and they come
In as a group of three and keep emptying the feeder after I just filled it up

I've got a baffle on my feeder pole so they can't climb up to the feeder. They just pick seeds off the ground.

Nice pics. Many downtowns deploy hawk homes to curb pigeon congregation

Most reactions

New Topics

Back