Cooper's Hawk

MissMia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shotbychristina.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This little guy was in my yard earlier today. I had to sit in the kitchen sink and shoot thru the window blinds and dirty windows to photograph him!

Comments are always appreciated. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Doesn't look like too much of a "little guy" to me. :lol:

Luck is on your side to have such a visitor. Although I like the spread wing, the lighting is much better on its head in #2. Very majestic pose.

EDIT----
After another look..... and this is just a thought..... maybe clone out the foliage directly above its head. It would not look bad and also keep the line already formed by the top of the wall.

Last edited:
very nice but now I want to see the photo of you sat in the sink :lol:

I actually like the crop you have, but I don't really know what is technically good just what I like to see.

Wow, what a great visitor to have! Nicely captured image.

Thanks Anty! Actually he's the one that is killing the quail in my yard! :(

Doesn't look like too much of a "little guy" to me. :lol:

Luck is on your side to have such a visitor. Although I like the spread wing, the lighting is much better on its head in #2. Very majestic pose.

EDIT----
After another look..... and this is just a thought..... maybe clone out the foliage directly above its head. It would not look bad and also keep the line already formed by the top of the wall.

Thanks Aye-non Oh-non Imus! I'll try my hand at cloning that branch out.

very nice but now I want to see the photo of you sat in the sink :lol:

Thanks LP! I might be able to recreate that for you! :mrgreen:

Nice but could do with some heavy cropping.

Thanks Ron! Since I have a crappy lens, I'd already cropped this. I'll mess around with some different crops and see what they look like.

Neat! You sure are prolific these days :thumbup: :lol:

-Shea

Thank you Shea! I think things are starting to click for me. :wink:

I actually like the crop you have, but I don't really know what is technically good just what I like to see.

Thanks Moa!

Nice shots, especially through a window. I had one of these around my feeders for a few days. I had a real sharp decline in all the other birds and squirrels that were coming to the feeders and realized he was the culprit. Birds feed at the feeders and he feeds on the birds. I could tell when he was up in the trees; even when I could not see him, because all the other birds would become motionless, nothing would move, :D.

Nice Capture. Lucky!

Thanks TCimages!

Nice shots, especially through a window. I had one of these around my feeders for a few days. I had a real sharp decline in all the other birds and squirrels that were coming to the feeders and realized he was the culprit. Birds feed at the feeders and he feeds on the birds. I could tell when he was up in the trees; even when I could not see him, because all the other birds would become motionless, nothing would move, :D.

Thanks |)\/8! The exact same thing going on here.

Thats awesome. I would love to have a bird of prey in our garden, hopefully wont have to sit in the sink when it does happen. But i would do it to get some nice shots.
And you really have some nice shots of it, good stuff :)

Thats awesome. I would love to have a bird of prey in our garden, hopefully wont have to sit in the sink when it does happen. But i would do it to get some nice shots.
And you really have some nice shots of it, good stuff :)

Thank you doenoe!

Here is another shot of him.

Hawk-Cooper3.jpg

Thanks again for looking.

Most reactions

Back