Cooper's Hawk

wls3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mysite.verizon.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Had a visitor to my Wildlife Sanctuary (backyard) yesterday.
Have seen him several times now and finally got a photo.
I wondered why all the other birds had left the feeders.

Bill

Cooper's Hawk (juvenille)

30421IMG_0385_copy.jpg

Cool shot Bill :thumbup:

You mentioned the birds all leaving...
About 2 weeks ago, I went through McD's on my way to work. Every morning there are about 30 pigeons and 5 or 6 ravens out behind their dumpster in the desert. Well, while I'm waiting in the drive-thru, I notice that the pigeons won't land? They circle go towards the ground and fly back up, circle, and repeat.
I knew something was up, thought maybe there was a snake out there? This goes on for about 2 minutes. As I'm pulling away from the speaker, I barely catch a glimpse of something. There's this massive red-tail hawk sitting right next to the dumpster...and he's got a pigeon under one foot :D I tried to hurry and grab my camera, but he flew off. With the pigeon! It was very cool to see.

great capture! I'm very eager to get my first good hawk pic, we've got a few red tails flying around every now and then.

Great shot Bill, I have yet to get a decent Hawk photo. One of the more challenging birds to shoot. I'm starting to loose it and can't wait for airshow season to kick in again. I need some wood, fabric and metal birds to shoot preferably RR Merlin powered. Can't wait to see you guys at Geneseo.

Eric

Most reactions

Back