Copley Square architecture

JoL

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I recently spent some time improving on my black and white processing approach and re-edited some old photos that I shot a year or two ago that I wanted to share here. There is a lot to learn about how to create a powerful black and white image, that much I have realized by now.

DSC02712 by johanneslutz, on Flickr

DSC02721 by johanneslutz, on Flickr

Good job! They're great as they are but if they were mine...I would try pushing a little bit more of black and lights

Thanks Benjo255. Here's what I did to the picture when I first edited it. 2 years later this picture seems unbelievably boring.

DSC02712-Edit-2.jpg

The new one (the one on top of the topic) is better. I would only love to see less grays and more black & whites. Just a little bit.

I here you. I'm always cautious with throwing too much contrast at my photos, but for black and whites I'll have to learn to overcome that.

These are actually from the First Church of Christ the Scientist Plaza (The Mother Church) and not Copley Square.
Copley Square is where you will find Trinity Church, Boston Public Library, and the John Hancock Tower.

I like the composition in #1, but the processing is a touch overdone for my taste.

Cunningham's Law ;)

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back