orionmystery.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
4575322990_e2b19807ca_o.jpg

4575323776_b05908db3d_o.jpg

4575337894_fc5591f504_b.jpg

4575326972_ac62333cdd_o.jpg

4575324316_1892e789cc_o.jpg

Hey Kurt, nice captures! I don't think the very shallow DOF works very well, however, on the first two. They might be more interesting if you crop off the nose and just hone in on the eye (#1 has better focus on the entire eye). #3 is my favorite and I like it very much. I would propose cropping off some of the top and putting the frog's head in the top third of the image. #4 is good -- and shows the whole frog well in his element. TFS

Thanks for the comment/advice.

#1 is shot at F13, 1:1. All 0.936mm of DOF had been fully utilized imo. The only way to get bigger DOF is to focus stack. I didn't do that.

#3 - if i were to crop, i prefer to crop a bit off the bottom so the frog's left eye is on the intersection of rule of third's lines.

excellent!

Thanks for the comment/advice.

#1 is shot at F13, 1:1. All 0.936mm of DOF had been fully utilized imo. The only way to get bigger DOF is to focus stack. I didn't do that.

#3 - if i were to crop, i prefer to crop a bit off the bottom so the frog's left eye is on the intersection of rule of third's lines.

Yeah, that narrow macro DOF really can be a challenge. One of these days I'm going to learn how to focus stack, but still haven't done so.

I think cropping off the bottom would work too. My idea was to move his eye up to the upper 1/3 line, but your method would be good as well.

Awesome!

How did you manage to get that frog to sit still, every time I go to photograph one they always hop away.

Awesome!

How did you manage to get that frog to sit still, every time I go to photograph one they always hop away.

Ya have to speak "frog" :lmao:

"ribbit" = please stay still

"ribbit" = turn your head to the left please

"ribbit" = chin up

Most reactions

Back