Copy paste forum threads question

annamaria

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This may sound dumb, but does anyone know of a way to copy and paste or save forum threads using an Ipad? There are useful thread topics that I find very helpful and would like to have as reference.

This may sound dumb, but does anyone know of a way to copy and paste or save forum threads using an Ipad? There are useful thread topics that I find very helpful and would like to have as reference.

Well, you could click on thread tools at the top and select "printable version" and copy and paste that, or maybe subscribe to the thread.

I haven't tried this ... but copy and paste it into NOTES
You end up with the thread and everyones signature and other stuff .. but at least you have it.

another method is to do a screen snapshot (power + home button) of each page

or save the page as a Bookmark or in the reading list

use an app such as instapaper or readlater or something similar. It saves the URL.

There's also an app, I forget the name, which allows you to highlight an area and it saves it to your images - like a screenshot, but customizable.

I'm no help - but I would go with NOTES :)

Well, you could click on thread tools at the top and select "printable version" and copy and paste that, or maybe subscribe to the thread.

Don't see thread tools on the ipad maybe it's only on a computer? Will check it out. Thanks

I haven't tried this ... but copy and paste it into NOTES You end up with the thread and everyones signature and other stuff .. but at least you have it. another method is to do a screen snapshot (power + home button) of each page or save the page as a Bookmark or in the reading list

Not sure if I can do what you suggested with the ipad but the screenshot trick should work. Thanks

use an app such as instapaper or readlater or something similar. It saves the URL. There's also an app, I forget the name, which allows you to highlight an area and it saves it to your images - like a screenshot, but customizable. I'm no help - but I would go with NOTES :)

Thanks I will look into the apps you mentioned.

I haven't tried this ... but copy and paste it into NOTES You end up with the thread and everyones signature and other stuff .. but at least you have it. another method is to do a screen snapshot (power + home button) of each page or save the page as a Bookmark or in the reading list

Not sure if I can do what you suggested with the ipad but the screenshot trick should work. Thanks

Well on my browser I only see them if I open a thread first, then up toward the top of the page you'll see a reply to thread button, and then under that a dark greyish bar, on the right hand side you should see a thread tools option.

I don't save from the iPad, but I do use Evernote on all my devices and clip useful threads and websites into Evernote so that I can archive and search on them later.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't save from the iPad, but I do use Evernote on all my devices and clip useful threads and websites into Evernote so that I can archive and search on them later. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds good I will try that. Thanks

Well on my browser I only see them if I open a thread first, then up toward the top of the page you'll see a reply to thread button, and then under that a dark greyish bar, on the right hand side you should see a thread tools option.

Thank you will try that on the pc.

it all worked on my iPhone 5 ios6. I'm not at my iPad to try

Most reactions

Back