copyright info need help

TheCanonMan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok I have been placing copy rights on all my pics but I got looking at it and I think maybe im doing it all wrong

shood you do a copyright this way

so and so Photography Copyright © 2005

or

copyright © so an do Photography 2005

???? what way is right and what way is wrong

Either way I'm pretty sure that if you don't have an actual copywrite it doesn't even matter. So I wouldn't worry about it much lol. If you are looking for a cheap easy way to copywrite images, search the forums, they have discuses this many times.

You don't have to put Copyright on images - Your rights of Copyright are enshrined in Law so you are protected whether you put it on or not.
The usual defence of people who breach Copyright is 'I didn't know it was Copyrighted' or 'I didn't know who it was Copyrighted to' or ' it didn't say it was Copyrighted'.
In Law ignorance is no defence. The Law expects you to make every effort to discover the information and if you can't then you don't use it.

Never post anything before Hertz because you sound stupid when you are wrong.. on a brighter note you spelled defense wrong. :D

You spelled copyright wrong too. :greenpbl:

I'm one for putting some sort of Identifying information on pictures posted to prevent people for passing them off as their own and if they do take your image, they have to remove your "watermark" and it makes it obvious that they knew they were doing something wrong.

I won't comment on spelling - I spell evrythink wrong. :meh:

Although the copyright is morally your's, it'll come down to who can prove ownership if there's a legal dispute. But as long as you keep your originals and don't release full sized, uncropped versions of your photo's then you should be fine.

I'm curious, though - has anyone heard of a case where someone has been done for copying a photo even though they shot their own version of it? Of course, it happens all the time in music.

Well thanks every one for your help. As for the spelling I am dyslexic so I spell a lot of things wrong or odd so lets every one be nice aobut that kind of stuff. Just rember some of us can't help it that is just the way we where born.

I only said that you didn't have to put a Copyright note on an image to be protected under International Copyright Law. You can do so if you feel happier putting it on - or you can watermark or anything else.
I was merely making the point that if you don't put anything on your images it does not mean that you are not protected.
Do whichever you feel happiest with.

And as long as you can understand someones meaning, is the spelling and grammar really that important?

Yeah, I was picking on ghost there. I couldn't live without dictionary.com and spellcheck.

Somewhere I have an article that points out that as long as the first and last letter in a word is correct, and the total number of letters in the word is correct, the human brain can still read the word in a sentence. The article goes on to show this by editing a paragraph with the words misspelled and its can be read, with an amazing amount of speed. It does look very funny though.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back