Copyrights / printing rights

misia

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there.

I was looking for some answers for my question, but can't find a straight answer. Here is the deal. Friend of mine asked me to shoot a soccer game for his son's team. I don't think I'm up to th challenge yet so I refused, but I still need an answer for one question.
If I would shoot this soccer game, can I post those photographs on-line to sell them? I have an free account on printroom.com (just playing with it) but I can't find the answer. There is no contract, I would shoot other players too, the photographs would be taken in the gym, and her son is 19 years old. I would give my business card to other parents too.
Would this be legal? Can I post those photos on-line to sell them?

Thanks
Monika

Games are generally considered public events and you do have permission to shoot it in any event. The same rules apply to taking photos of a person in a public place in that if the photo is NOT used for advertising purposes as in the promotion of a product such as an anti-perspirant for example then no release is necessary. You might want to make your plans clear to your friend so that no issues with "not being made aware" lead to any potential tension after the fact.

skieur

Well said skieur.
It is a public venue so you can post them if you choose. I just believe as skieur said not for advertising, unless you get a model release.

Thanks for the info, but can I still sell them?

Thanks for the info, but can I still sell them?

Of course, since you are not selling them to advertise a product such as the example I mentioned.

skieur

Thanks for your help.

Most reactions

Back