Coralie and junk

Milky

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Did a photoshoot with coralie a year ago. Theme was to use some kind of junk to make some photos. Here are the results. That was my first time shooting in studio and second time working with a model.

Coralie_IMG_8272_BW2.jpg

Coralie_IMG_8249_BW.jpg

Coralie_IMG_8268_Color.jpg

Coralie_IMG_8253_Color.jpg

Coralie_IMG_8256_Color.jpg

One more photo that is NSFW (you can kind of see the breats) is available on my website : Coralie ? Bric à Brac | ABSE Photography

1: Not my favorite. head looks weird
2:I like it, maybe a bit softer shadow transition.
3: Don't like the bright colors against the black and white background
4: Best one. Good comp, nice highlights and shadows. Maybe tone down the exposure on the body a bit.
5: I feel the red works better against the background with this comp.

All the photos had great sharp eyes. Maybe play with some gels on the background lights.
Nice work.

Very imaginiative series!

1. Okay, this is just weird, but in a kind of a good way. It's not an image I'd put on my wall, but I keep going back to look at it. Technically, very well done!

2. Needed a hair light I think, and the whites are just a bit hot. Unlit cigarettes as props tend to look rather lame IMO.

3. The 'hood' is causing an odd shadow on her near cheek.

4. Whites are again to hot, and overall too 'clean' for the the concept.

5. Nicely done! Good background/subject contrast and exposure ratios. I'm not sure that's her best expression, but it does work.

Overall, I think the one common issue is lack of distance between subject and background. In most the background is too sharply focused and somewhat distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - YMMV

~John

I really like this set, it has a nice artsy feel to it!

I like #3 and #4. But # 2 is my favorite, she is giving such great eye contact! I think it would look better if the cigarette was lit, it was one of the first things I noticed.
Also, I really like the background you used!

1: Not my favorite. head looks weird
2:I like it, maybe a bit softer shadow transition.
3: Don't like the bright colors against the black and white background
4: Best one. Good comp, nice highlights and shadows. Maybe tone down the exposure on the body a bit.
5: I feel the red works better against the background with this comp.

All the photos had great sharp eyes. Maybe play with some gels on the background lights.
Nice work.
Thanks for the detailed comments. Regarding #2, I wanted to hide a bit the background that's why I went for a hard transition to black. I did take some course in editing since doing this serie and I now find that some work could be done to improve the rendering!
Very imaginiative series!

1. Okay, this is just weird, but in a kind of a good way. It's not an image I'd put on my wall, but I keep going back to look at it. Technically, very well done!

2. Needed a hair light I think, and the whites are just a bit hot. Unlit cigarettes as props tend to look rather lame IMO.

3. The 'hood' is causing an odd shadow on her near cheek.

4. Whites are again to hot, and overall too 'clean' for the the concept.

5. Nicely done! Good background/subject contrast and exposure ratios. I'm not sure that's her best expression, but it does work.

Overall, I think the one common issue is lack of distance between subject and background. In most the background is too sharply focused and somewhat distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - YMMV

~John
Yeah, will try to see if I can light this damn cigaret in PP ! What do you mean by "white too cleans"? How do you drity them?

Yes this studio is quite small, it is hard to get a good distance from the background.....
I really like this set, it has a nice artsy feel to it!

I like #3 and #4. But # 2 is my favorite, she is giving such great eye contact! I think it would look better if the cigarette was lit, it was one of the first things I noticed.
Also, I really like the background you used!
thanks! this cigarette is a define problem!
Excellent Set! I have found amazing concept from this collection. Really inspirational work. Thanks for sharing.
Cheers!

Most reactions

Back