Corkscrew Swamp 2007 on Film

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Jeff Canes, Dec 23, 2007.

1. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The Corkscrew Swamp is an Audubon park near Naples on the west coast of Florida. Shot these on Wednesday (12/19) used Rollei Scan Film CN400 Pro (Agfa-Gevaert aerial film) the body and lenses where a Canon Eos-1, Sigma 28-70 f2.8 or Canon 70-200 F4 L. This is film is very grainy and can be a tad soft! Also the colors are somewhat saturated this is likely a mix of the film, polarizer and scan setting. Also shot digital may post them later.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I like them ALL, Jeff, and I do like the feeling of digitalised FILM they give me. Other than that, I just LOVE swamps and would wish I could walk through that particular one myself one day (!), and it is nice to see flowers in bloom in December. Not a sight you would get where I am!

Not easy to name a favourite one, I guess it might be 3, though I also like the "looking up"-photos and the walkway which shows how you can get through the swamp. But I also like the bromelias, we don't have those anywhere, ever, at all.

3. doobs

doobs TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Very nice work. This is a fine film, but the grain is almost insane. I would love to see this film shot in a more urban, city atmosphere. I think the grain would help there. You did a very nice job, Jeff, you got some great shots, some of which, the grain is fitting. You have a fine eye for the nature such.

Keep up the good work.

4. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks Corinna and Dylan for looking and committing

I only saw three or four of those flowers blooming, it was the first one I can across and luckily it end up be in the best shape, I’m terrible with flower names not sure what it is, also I had shorts on all day on Christmas

Yell the grain is “almost insane”, Agfa had a few older films with this type of course grain, defiantly a niche market film, I may try some urban city atmosphere, but my downtown ain’t very urban, “fine eye” no one has said that before thanks