Cormorant

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
3754179164_21c69bdd7f_o.jpg

c&c always appreciated :)

Dmitri I love it. That eye is popping right out of the image!

Awesome! :thumbup: That beautiful blue eye...and that beak looks like it could do some major damage. Absolutely gorgeous shot.

Awesome shot and detail. Which lens did you shoot this with?

Awesome! :thumbup: That beautiful blue eye...and that beak looks like it could do some major damage. Absolutely gorgeous shot.

Thank you :)

Josh220 said:

Thank you. I used my Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS lens for that one.

Dmitri said:
Josh220 said:

Bwahahahahaha!!! See, who needs L-glass? (I've personally been quite amazed at the quality of that lens, to be honest. It's wonderfully clear and sharp, and the IS lets you hand-hold at 250mm. Crazy. And it's light too.)

A beautiful shot, sir. Well framed, well timed, quite wonderful.

Kethaneni said:
Nice shot, I wonder why I don't come across such birds.

Thanks for the compliment. I don't know where you live, but cormorants tend to like water, so head to ponds and lakes. Also, I find they are skittish. This is the closest one has ever let me. Usually they fly off when I get even mildly close. Good luck!

Dmitri said:
Josh220 said:

Bwahahahahaha!!! See, who needs L-glass? (I've personally been quite amazed at the quality of that lens, to be honest. It's wonderfully clear and sharp, and the IS lets you hand-hold at 250mm. Crazy. And it's light too.)

A beautiful shot, sir. Well framed, well timed, quite wonderful.

hah yeah, I've been happy with the results from this lens. I wouldn't turn down an L (and a camera to use it with), but this one does ok so far. Thanks for the kind words :)

Most reactions

Back