Corn Maze, apple picking, hay bales and a blue door..

Anelle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.anellerichardson.co.za
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would love some HHCC please!

Settings:
ISO 100
SS: Between 1/125 and 1/320
Ap: 1.8 - 2.2

#1 Not as sharp as I would have liked, but given that I have hardly any decent photos of him, I'll be grateful that I caught him standing still for a split second :meh:
Timothy01Web.jpg

Joshua01Web.jpg

#3 The hay for hay jumping was inside and the light was beautifully diffused, but also a bit flat.
Caleb01Web.jpg

Dylan01Web.jpg

#5 Wish I hadn't chopped his fingers or that I had backed up a bit, but I am glad to have captured this sweet moment between my dh and our youngest son.
TrevorandMatthewWeb.jpg

Would appreciate all cc!

Thanks
Anelle

Love the 2nd and 3rd shots, great colors.

1. The focus as you mentioned is a bit soft, but its also overexposed. From the middle of his forehead up is really blown out.

2.A beautiful shot! Good focus, exposure and great compostion. I love it!

3.A nice playful shot. Nice composition, but the lighting on his face seems a little harsh.

4. Again the focus seems soft and it seems overexposed. I'm thinking you may have metered on his dark shirt.

5. A nice shot, but could maybe use just a little contrast.

Thank you!

Carol, he has the whitest hair and I definitely messed up in the post processing as well, so I will go back and work on that.

Focus in the last one is actually okay, but it is definitely a bit overexposed, but not blown. I did shoot in RAW, so I will go back and reprocess it and take care masking back when I'm processing.

I like bright, but I don't like blown :-( and the two shots you mentioned really are bordering on it!

THank you once again for the feedback!

Yes, I can see the difference. Much better :thumbup:. In the first one, its still really light, but I can see the hair now. I guess with hair that light it is difficult to shoot in natural light. ;)

Thanks, Carol! I shot where there was a bit of an open space above him (he is between two rows of corn) so the light pretty much hit him from the top.... So some of it has definitely also has to do with the photographer choosing a not so perfect spot! LOL I think I'm going to run a low opacity multiply layer on it and see if it looks better.

Well, there isn't anything lowly about these pictures. I'm looking for a camera and lens. That camera would definitely be in my price range. I'll have to check out that lens. Does a 50mm 1.4 zoom? I want to buy a really nice lens, but I prefer one that zooms. Got any suggestions? Something that would take nice photos like these.

Most reactions

Back