Corner and Curve

kdthomas

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C Please :)

D810, 85mm 1.8, f/16 at 1/125, ISO 100 ... PP consisted of just applying LR's BW high contrast filter, then lightening the shadows a bit, and +15 on the clarity
CornerAndCurve.jpg

This is something I like. If there is "abstract" in photography, that the perfect sample. (I wish you shot this on 4x5 :allteeth:.)

Looks good.I think the shadows could stand a bit more lightening though. This type of photo is where the D810's sheer resolution advantage makes it a great camera choice. Photos like this one kind of sucked years ago when we had 6 megapixel d-slr cameras. I do like the big, bold shapes you've captured here, and the shadows are nice relief for the sun-lighted stucco finish.

Works for me. I agree with Derrel about the shadows, although having that partial window in the composition makes the dark shadows less of an issue.

How about this one?

CornerAndCurve.jpg

Do you see, how others are an influence your original feelings ?
I think THIS photograph is just very close to normal architectural shot showing empty, forgotten corner of some structure. No magic in this. Print both 16x20, put on the wall and you will see, what I mean. :alien:

Very nice. I like the one with the darker shadows more.

I would like to see a shot with the column's shadow tone rendered in-between the first one's deep, dark shadow value, and the way the shadows are rendered in the revised version, in which the column shadow's actual tonal value placement is too high on the scale to convey a sense of it being a strong, crisp shadow--it's rendered too "open" a shadow tone, at least for on-screen viewing.

As an aside, if you were printing the file, it would typically require that the shadow tones that look best on-screen be lightened by a print tone curve adjustment operation in software.

Next I go by this place, maybe I can hide a speed light behind the column & open up the back in there ... I too like the dark shadow on the column, but I want to see what's in the alcove as well.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back