Cornfield with Church and Clouds

saw the title and thought of the movie "children of the corn", and it really isn't too far off. Nice.

I really like this - a simple, elegant composition, with good tonal range. Lovely!

Except it's a wheat field.

I really like the subject. It's just a little gray for me. some more white would be good. Better yet, go back when that wheat is a beautiful ripe gold and you have a nice sky. Then process it in color.

Except it's a wheat field.

I really like the subject. It's just a little gray for me. some more white would be good. Better yet, go back when that wheat is a beautiful ripe gold and you have a nice sky. Then process it in color.

Wheat, corn........some growing grainy stuff........

I like this one quite a bit. I bet color would be pretty.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Any cereal crop, be it wheat, rye, spelt (which I think this is), etc., is referred to in general terms as corn in British English; whereas in American English, corn would seem to be a synonymous term for maize. Having been produced by a Brit, the photo enjoys a nice alliteration in its title.

When you look at a scene, I think you need to decide then whether it will become a B&W or colour photo. Although I have shot a couple of landscapes in colour recently, this subject said B&W to me (perhaps because the buildings have red roofs, which would dominate and draw the eye too much otherwise).

I like the crop edit from earlier today. It brings much texture and simplicity into the photo.

Thanks for the comments, everyone.

Any cereal crop, be it wheat, rye, spelt (which I think this is), etc., is referred to in general terms as corn in British English; whereas in American English, corn would seem to be a synonymous term for maize. Having been produced by a Brit, the photo enjoys a nice alliteration in its title.

See, you Brits always have to go about changing the names and spelling of stuff. (just playing) I would agree on the spelt based on the closer images showing no beard on the wheat.

I think I like the first framing best. I like the broader view surrounding the church rather than the church pretty well dominating the shot.

I like first one.Personally I like the tonal range on this,its not the typical B&W or typical color.Nice Work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back