Corrupt Image

lintboy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I made the mistake of using a cheap memory card and now I have a bunch of corrupt images that I can not view. The thubnail still shows up with the full image, but it will not open up to full size. Is there anyone out there that could help me fix this? Thanks in advance!

I can email it to you for you to have a look if you like.

There's a good chance it wasn't the memory cards fault.

I frequently buy off brand, cheap memory and have never lost an image, nor ever had to recover one either.

There is free software out there on the Internet you can get that can attempt to recover the image for you.

Always format a card in the camera, never in your computer. Never delete an image in the camera.

Is there anyone out there with this free software already? I'm just really leary about downloading free software off of sites I don't really trust. I could send the picture by email.

A while ago the software was freely downloadable from Sandisc, but I'm not sure if it still is.

Is there anyone out there with this free software already? I'm just really leary about downloading free software off of sites I don't really trust. I could send the picture by email.
I know what you mean, I'm really leary about email from people I don't know.

I know what you mean, I'm really leary about email from people I don't know.

I'm assuming you mean you're leary about recieving an email of my picture?

That's ok I guess I can respect that since I just signed up on here out of the blue. No problem, thanks anyway.

Most reactions

Back