corrupt SD card!! help!!

RedDevilUK

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just come back from cuba, 3 x 4 gig memory cards full of pictures.... 2 of the cards i bought off ebay a few weeks before i went, bad move!! they are both crap... first time used and they have both gone corrupt :(

i know the images are there because i viewed through them a few days after... but somewhere between Cuba and Britain they have turned to ****e.

the only card that is intact, is the one ive had longest, you get what you pay for... my original was 39.99 from comet, the other 2 were 22.00 each on ebay. :(

were talking about 600 pictures lost so far.... pictures of the kids swimming with dolphins... the zoo and pictures taken on the speedboat we hired.. just to name a few :(

to say im pissed off is an understatement, can someone recommend a good piece of software for bringing these back from the dead.

NEVER NEVER NEVER buy cards from ebay, you wouldn't believe how many we get a week brought into the shop for image recovery. Bad news is that most of the cards we handed in can never get the photos back.

Might be worth trying IMAGE RECALL or the SANDISK version

heres the wierd thing?

when i plug the D80 into the PC and goto view the files

it shows as
H: CANON_DC

UH!! its a bloody Nikon you fool!!!

its not been anywhere near a Canon?

when i then go into the DCIM folder there is loads of other folders with names like

)▀b¥²°╢╡.ì╓e

right so, i took the SD card out of the camera, and put it into a a multi card reader... now when i click on it, it says

the disk in drive K isnt formatted, format now? Y?N

any ideas... other than bin it :D

to be honest it sounds like you got a used card and not a new one like they said it was.

If you have IMAGE RECALL http://www.imagerecall.com/ try that and if it still doesn't work in the card reader you could try formatting the card in camera then try recall via the card reader.

We've had to format cards in the past to be able to recall any images

cheers tempra

i installed it, and started to run it on the Card... it said its too damaged for fast mode would i like to use some other slower mode.

i said yes, and its going slow, but it IS getting the files :D :D :D

8 images so far and counting :)

i will be happy if i just get a few back...then i can bin the cards

so did you get them all back? hope so

hi guys, been watching TV while the program worked its magic...

1 SD card done, recovered 283 photos successfully :D i went through them and there is some good shots, so i am happy i retreived them.

i have set it off now on the 2nd card

todays top tip award goes to Tempra :hail: :hail: :thumbup: :hug::

thanks mate, your a life saver ;)

PS
never let the wife loose with your pride and joy..... i did while driving the speedboat :er: ive got several pictures of erm... sky... and some foamy water, and a super close up of my face at 300mm while sat at my side

as homer would say Doh!!!

im sure i read somewhere on here that good cameras dont make good photographers..... this proves it hehehe

Hi RDUK! Glad to hear you are having sucess with your cards!!

Out of curiosity did you do an in camera format when you started to use the cards? Can you do a low level format with them in the reader? If so, did it help? At least recognizing that it's a Nikon? What an insult!!! lol

BTW, did you bring us back any cigars? They're hard to get in the US. ;)

mike

P.S. you wouldn't happen to have a copy of Hiren's BootCD 9.1 would you? I don't of course but it would be a real lifesaver if I did.

second SD card done too now... recovered another 249 pictures :D

532 pics in all, im really happy now.

and yes, i did only format the cards in the camera

and yes i do have a copy of Hirens bootCD 9.1 :D

wow, that is a great story :) good to know it all went well in the end ... and we even have a hero :)

Most reactions

Back