corruted tiffs with Vista and HP

jgusky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
anyone using an HP 6230 with Vista? are you having issues with transferring tiffs from the hard drive to your flash cards? *i am*!

* i bought an HP a6230n with Vista ealier this month.
* my printer noticed some streaky lines on an image file i took to him.
* i confirmed the corruption, when transferring tiff files (via internal card reader) from my hard drive to a flash card...horiz. lines appearing on the tiff files.
* this issue was more or less intermittent.
* i used an external card reader for a couple of file transfers, and that seemed to work ok...but only for a couple of file transfers.
* then the streaks appeared via my external card reader as well.
* this was only one way: from the hard drive to the flash card.
* as i did more testing, trying to solve this issue, the streaky lines began to appear on the file transfers going the other way: from my flash card files to the hard drive files.
* HP HELP was anything but.
* i exchanged the computer for another...same brand/model.
* my first test on new computer was flawless: no streak lines. YAY!
* tonite, as i transferred some tiff files from my hard drive to a flash card, the streaky lines re-appeared.
* my head wants to explode.

anyone else heard of this? i've checked several other forums (nikonians, windows vista, for example) and it appears i'm the only person on earth who is having this problem...even though the problem has manifested itself on 2 different computers. what am i doing wrong?? i'm using the same basic copy/paste work flow i used with my old e-machine (with windows XP)...never had any issues there.

HELP!

-john

I always write my images to cd for printing, but one time only I had a line through an image on a card which I hadn't seen on the camera screen, I thought my card was failing and bought others to replace it, however after formatting the card the problem hasn't reappeared and I now only use the card as a backup for when I've filled the newer ones. H

PS. I also built this box myself so I know what and how it works, there could be a hardware problem internally, something not seated correctly or a loose connection causing a "blip", I'm also not upgrading to vista as its a resources hog filled with MS's own spyware, I'll stick with XP Pro till it has to go but will probably use a mac or other OS as I'm rapidly getting peed off with Bill Gates software.

I had a vista 64bit computer. I had the same problem. I took it back and returned it and bought a computer with XP.

I dunno who is buying vista, but if someone buys that and likes it, they gotta be retarded.:D

if the .TIF files are the old Canon RAW (canon EOS 1d, 1ds) files then Vista just corrupts as soon as it sees them.

Thats just one of the many reasons I'm getting a mac next year

Nothing to do with hating new stuff just that MS launched this OS and its got bugs so why rush out and upgrade from XP, I've run xps2 pro since 2001, its never crashed my system and after turning off the phone home issues and disabling unwanted processes its sweet as a nut, so I see no point in upgrading just to waste money. H

Most reactions

New Topics

Back