Cosmetic surgery - ever had it? ever considered it?

Not Neve

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Just curious!

For years I've thought about getting braces because of 2 teeth that are slightly crooked. The thing is, braces alone won't make a huge difference. I'd have to have my jaw broken to fix an underbite. I rarely see my profile so I guess the underbite no longer bothers me. But seriously, I'm afraid to have it done. But since I don't have the money to have it done, I have an excuse not to.

So, anybody had cosmetic surgery and care to tell?

I've had it.
I had my ears pinned back as they were like walking with two parachutes tied to your head. If i went for a run my body was always at about a 100 degree lean (feet first) :)
Surgery didn't hurt but looked like a twit with the bandage wrapped around my head like a big fat sweatband.

Neve , I had that operation when I was 18 .... although I always get 'underbite/overbite ' confused .... my top jaw was shorter then my bottom slightly and it was also tilted a little ( back then , before the op , it wasnt anything you'd notice just by lookin at me though ).

It isnt really 'cosmetic surgery ' per se .... as it is a correction to the jaw that is needed in order to avoid big problems with the jaw later down the track.

After I had the operation and the swelling went down people were aware there was something different about me but they could never pin what it was , askin things like " Have you changed your hair or somethin :scratch: ".....lol

Not to scare ya but it is pretty full-on , major surgery ( well the one I had anyway ) ... operation took around 6 hours. You will have to go on liquids for a few weeks and your face will swell up a hella lot !

If ya need any more info feel free to pm me :)

P.S My sister had the opposite problem to me lol. She had her operation 3 or so years after I had mine.
Whoever of us had the underbite ... well the other one had the overbite. We joked that we coulda just swapped top or lower jaws with each other :lol:

I'm ugly and hate the way I look. But I wouldn't have surgery to correct anything. I don't think I'd be happy with a different nose or other bits. That and surgery scares me. :oops:

I have nothing against surgery to correct things for physical or emotional reasons. But I'm not so keen on people using up surgeons time which could be used to help someone who really needs it just because they want bigger breasts to get more work.

I also have a thing against fake boobs (I'm not trying to offend anyone, please don't take it that way). I really don't like them. I guess that makes me odd?

ferny said:
I guess that makes me odd?

Not at all, I agree with what you said entirely. Like you, I think I'm ugly but wouldn't go to the extreme of having surgery to sort it out. Instead, I'm working on my own self-image and trying to improve the way I think of myself...

I've been meaning to come back to this, so finally, here I am!

Lumi, I just may be PMing you for more details....

I've been trying to get over the idea of braces (to save myself the money) considering it's not a horrible problem but just yesterday I went to the dentist and the hygenist said "do you think that tooth is shifting?". I didn't prompt her, she said it because she thought it was shifting. So, now I'm going to go for a consultation with an orthodontist. I still don't know about the surgery - like I said, I'm scared.

mad malteaser, on occasion, when catching those makeover shows I say the same thing you just said...self confidence (and a good haircut) can make a big difference.

Most reactions

Back