costco theme

YamahRacer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i've been checking out this forum for quite a while already but have a question and decided to join. hopefully you guys can help me. i worked at costco and they have this annual photo contest and the theme is costco and i can't quite figure out what to shoot. if anybody can give me some kind of idea, i would greatly appreciate it..thanks in advance..

Seriously ? You could fill a SD card with pictures from the produce section alone. Get an interesting view of a product, or of people, of the architectural features. Interesting angles shooting down various aisles. It shouldn't be hard to come up with a bunch of ideas if you put some creative thought into it. Why not spend one visit just shooting the people giving away food samples; another visit shooting products from unusual vantage points. Another visit just shooting portions of the building itself. Make yourself be creative and I'm sure you'll come up with some interesting, hopefully prizewinning, shots. Note; you may need model releases for people shots

"People of Costco" (like People of Walmart) :p No no no.... I'm joking! Don't do it.

Perhaps a "bird's eye view" of various scenes. You know how every Costco has a handful of sparrows living in the store? You could shoot from ladders, from under tables, on the floor, etc., to create a story of Costco as seen from the bird that lives there. Well it's an idea, at least.

thanks, i'll keep all those ideas in mind when i get back to work

Take a look at the movie Idiocracy, some of the shot angles are lovely. All those orange shelving units and regularly-spaced pallets are a perfect opportunity for wide angle sniping up high.

Even better if you can get in there with no people around.

Nothing says Costco like long line ups (and no express lane). :(

Jaemie said:
"People of Costco" (like People of Walmart) :p No no no.... I'm joking! Don't do it.

Perhaps a "bird's eye view" of various scenes. You know how every Costco has a handful of sparrows living in the store? You could shoot from ladders, from under tables, on the floor, etc., to create a story of Costco as seen from the bird that lives there. Well it's an idea, at least.

I was thinking the girls of Costco. Although Hef might give you a prize before Costco management would. There are a couple of hotties that work at our local store. Oh and Big Mike, Mishele no lines at my Costco, we have self checkout. :)

Last edited:
If the contest is in october (and I'm assuming it is) i'd put a fake skeleton hidden in one of the shelves, and take a picture of it... would be a fun way of employing halloween and also mocking how ENORMOUS those warehouses are...

Oh and Big Mike, Mishele no lines at my Costco, we have self checkout
I haven't seen a self check out at any or our Costco stores...but if it's anything like the self check outs at our grocery strores...the lines are just as long, and you have to wait while people figure out how to use the darn things. :roll:

Alphabet photography, find products in the store that look like the letters in COSTCO. Make a custom mat and frame the pics. Done deal.

Most reactions

Back