Costs

bwlergh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am thinking of starting my own business in the near future and I am presently deliberating over what is fair to charge.

Here are some basic questions that I have:

How much do should you charge for the shoot itself and what is acceptable industry hourly rate?

Should photoshop time be charged?

How much should be charged for the prints/per print?

If charging a lump sum, what would the acceptable amount be for:

1. couple of hours
2. half a day
3 full day

Thanks for that,

At the moment I m looking to get into commercial/editorial and fine art on the side as a personal project.

I've only just started photography on itself, and hoping to study photography on its own starting February 2009.

I also have qualifications in Digital Media/Design and I attended National School of Art.

Do you have a portfolio? That is what will really bring in the clients. Glad you said commercial/editorial. I know nothing of retail photography and I never thought too highly of it. A couple of good approaches: Assist or intern a studio photographer. Sydney is a huge market, so the work is out there. The pay is crummy in the beginning, but increases rapidly. Contact magazines. You take what they are giving which is between 100 & 1,000 dollars per assignment. Good news is they judge solely based on your work. Contact enough mags and you will find work.

I do not have to mention that these guidelines are very general. Just trying to point you in the right direction.

Love & Bass

Most reactions

New Topics

Back