Could I get some honest opinions here?

NO NOT AT ALL!!!!

Just kidding. :D

I cant give you specific critique because you have so many images, but i would say yes, you could be a photographer!

http://s306.photobucket.com/albums/nn254/Bspaz_photography/?start=all

Do I have any potential to be a photographer? I've always wanted REAL photo critiques, so please tell me what you think.

Yeah! It looks like you could use a little more work (the tiny details to things like lighting and exposure balance that most don't notice), but I would pay you money to take photos of my loved ones. And if that wouldn't make you a professional, I don't know what would.

Keep in mind most of what being a professional is about is getting your name out there and being business savvy. Its never the best ideas or the best artists, its the ones who were the best at promoting their product that are remembered. Plus, if you make your customers happy with the process of getting photos taken, that's just as important as being happy with the final product. Good social skills (i.e. buttering people up...lol) are JUST as important as good photography skills.

Best of luck to you, and whatever you decide to do in your life. Keep in mind if you find out you're not good enough, that just means not right NOW. There's always a few years from now, and life is a dynamic process where nothing stays the same. Your time will come no matter what happens.

I've always wanted REAL photo critiques
Start with one of your best (or a few of the same series) and ask for the critique. Be thick skinned and remember the critique process isn't for praise; but for education.

I've seen wedding photgraphers using top of line camera equipment making close to 1500 dollars per wedding and the shots were crap at best. All kinds of shadows, poor composition, underexposed, etc. Than again they're still in business so obviously business skills must have prevailed. I've seen beautiful wedding photographs but the person trying to sell the wedding sevice to my fiance and I was flake when it came to salesmanship.

With my Rebel I know I can shoot better than that place. I'm going to spend the next 3 years building up my skills as well as purchasing all the equipment I need to have to become professional and as good as reputable places. Once I have those 3 years with Digital I feel I can ethically charge for the service. I want to retire from my current career choice at age 50 and either sit on a boat fishing for rest of life, real estate, or photography...

You could probably sell some of your shots now...The majority of people out there want the picture for the picture...as long as its focused, exposed correctly, and makes sense people will pay. I'd pay for some of the shots of my fiance and I that were taken while holding the camera in my left hand and shooting her an I with it.

Than again with the evolution of point and shoot cameras people need to have a reason to go with a pro and not do themselves so you have to make yourself unique

The eye is there, that's for sure. I really like the subject matter and composition. My only complaint is that most of the photos look a bit soft, and it looks like camera shake rather than focus.

Start with one of your best (or a few of the same series) and ask for the critique. Be thick skinned and remember the critique process isn't for praise; but for education.
I agree. Just put some out there for judgement and, take it for what it is worth. People here will generally just make suggestions on how to improve. It isnt necessarily harsh criticism and, any that are off handed you can dismiss.

You have some good pictures there. Keep practicing and I think you'll make a great photographer. I am mainly into nature photography so I am not qualified to give critique on your style.

I see lots of potential. I also see about every basic beginner mistake that can be made... was made.

Learn the basics. Practice. Improve.

Those who learn to know what to watch for, learn to avoid the mistakes. Those that practice a LOT, make fewer mistakes.

Don't expect the process to take a couple of hours... some poeple spend YEARS practicing their art. Thats all part of the process, and for me, part of the fun.

not bad, some good poses there,,,BUT buy yourself a tripod looks like a lot of shake going on

I see lots of potential. I also see about every basic beginner mistake that can be made... was made.

Which are? What are a few example of the mistakes she made?

Which are? What are a few example of the mistakes she made?

From the quick glace I took, it looks like basic stuff like exposure and focus issues. Pictures where she metered wrong, or had too low of a shutter. Some are basic snapshots, some are over/underexposed. Also, she shot in some bad lighting conditions to begin with, like harsh sunlight in many shots.

Overall, though, if she narrowed down the most fabulous 10 she had, I might have not had a thing to say negatively. Its all in how you present yourself.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back