could i make money with pics like these???

flashgordio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4459845997_cdcb34a27c_o.jpg

4459845695_fc8e4581f5_o.jpg

4459846263_b36fae409c_b.jpg

4459846611_e183945a7b_b.jpg

4460625502_8059266e83_b.jpg
these are off a shoot i did for a friend... in the real world would they be good enough to charge for????

Last edited:
If you can market yourself succesfully then yes. I dont like them but im sure there are parents out there that would be impressed.

you can make money selling pics of anything...you just need to find the people who want to buy them.
which falls right in line with jimmy's advice.
market yourself.

Look at the shadows in 1, 3 & 4

They are also somewhat overexposed, losing detail in the clothing.
The composition is okay.

For people who do not have a discerning eye, you may sell them...but the discerning eye usually has the $$$ too.

To most people, their kids are the greatest. So, your shots will need to be crisp and well composed to have a chance out there where it seems photography shops are opening all over the place...in photographer's basements.

Good luck though!!

The composition is okay.

For people who do not have a discerning eye, you may sell them...but the discerning eye usually has the $$$ too.

To most people, their kids are the greatest. So, your shots will need to be crisp and well composed to have a chance out there where it seems photography shops are opening all over the place...in photographer's basements.

Good luck though!!

thanks.. these pics have been tweeked in levels to my friends specs .he wanted the bleached out look. they were slightly better before ...but thats what he wanted...may post the original coloured photos as i liked them better...

The composition is okay.

Good luck though!!
i keep looking at those shadows you pointed out...are they really that bad???on a scale from 1to5..

Learn more post processing techniques. The photos themselves are "decent", except alittle to soft in #2, but it seems you went way overboard with your editing. And as mentioned above exposure is a bit much and some white balance issues.

they aren't horrible but just look like black and white above average snapshots, i'm sure you could sell them to parents, and as said above, it someone wants to buy it, of course you can make money

i'm not too much of a fan of cropping that close in kid shots either

I like the 2nd one the best. You and I are on the same mission, I also want to be a portrait photographer. Just keep shooting, ask all your friends, family, and co-workers if they want photographs of themselves or their kids if that's what you want to focus on. Do this for free until you can build up a decent portfolio. That's what I'm doing anyway.

I'd love to see the originals before you edited them. Post em.

You could really improve these with $40 by getting seamless paper background. If have the space, then save your $40 use the background you have and keep about 6-8' between your subject and the background and blur it with the aperture of your lens. The shots aren't bad, but the background is my major gripe with it. Also they are pretty soft.

why do my pics look different in the posts than when i veiw them from my files..
whos up for some editing to improve...

Yes, I think you could make money with photos like that. However, shoot them in color, and offer them in sepia or B&W as an option. Not everyone realizes how cool B&W is. At first glance, I don't see any technical problems. The main thing is that his eyes and face are exposed right. No one cares much about his clothes. Especially not the moms.

Start off by doing a set or two for free, for friends & family. Then, do a session or two for cheap. Get the word-of-mouth going. Maybe try advertising on Craigslist.

I don't think you'll get rich doing it, but maybe you'd make enough to pay for some equipment or something...

I like the 2nd one the best. You and I are on the same mission, I also want to be a portrait photographer. Just keep shooting, ask all your friends, family, and co-workers if they want photographs of themselves or their kids if that's what you want to focus on. Do this for free until you can build up a decent portfolio. That's what I'm doing anyway.

I'd love to see the originals before you edited them. Post em.

4463608496_05113248dc_b.jpg

4463608034_1a878907cc_b.jpg

4463607754_f8da7527c7_o.jpg

these are the unedited pics can anyone give me some advice on editing please

Most reactions

New Topics

Back