Could Nikon be shutting down?

In fact, it usually means the opposite, when a company starts doing crazy spending on tons of new things, it means they are struggling to fix what is broken but don't know why it broke so they throw money at it, then close down the following year.

Lol, the comments on the Nikon Rumors. Someone said Sony should buy Nikon haha. That would be a pretty big purchase don't you think?

Go do an experiment... take ANY large successful company you can think of, and search on that company's name and "layoff".

They all do it.

Sometimes it's restructuring. Sometimes it's an excuse to get rid of dead weight. Sometimes it's just the company has overextended in a direction that doesn't make sense and they need to pull back. There are tons of reasons for healthy companies to do this kind of thing. (some of them totally stupid, actually)

I keep hearing about the possibility of Nikon closing its doors. The company has been getting pretty bad rep from what I've heard. Now with the earthquake stopping a good portion of their production and Nikon shutting down their popular rebates. DSLRs are not selling as well anymore and people leaving the brand for Sony and other mirrorless camera systems just because the cameras are smaller, lighter and "innovated".

With all the recent issues Nikon has been having with their cameras, I almost believe that Nikon will shut down in the near future..maybe tomorrow, but not today.

This certainly isn't the first time I have heard the Nikon shutting down rumor, how many times has the company been accused of shutting down? Every time Nikon releases their quarterly reports, the rumors of the company shutting down start floating.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Nikon will be closing its doors in the near future?

Don't hate me, I just did this to start a discussion.

It's all true. Sell all your stuff and buy a sketchpad and some pencils. Post processing is pretty much just your signature and optionally, a coat of clear finish. Oh, and there's no "auto" mode, unless you use coloring books.

I keep hearing about the possibility of Nikon closing its doors. The company has been getting pretty bad rep from what I've heard. Now with the earthquake stopping a good portion of their production and Nikon shutting down their popular rebates. DSLRs are not selling as well anymore and people leaving the brand for Sony and other mirrorless camera systems just because the cameras are smaller, lighter and "innovated".

With all the recent issues Nikon has been having with their cameras, I almost believe that Nikon will shut down in the near future..maybe tomorrow, but not today.

This certainly isn't the first time I have heard the Nikon shutting down rumor, how many times has the company been accused of shutting down? Every time Nikon releases their quarterly reports, the rumors of the company shutting down start floating.

What are your thoughts? Do you think Nikon will be closing its doors in the near future?

Don't hate me, I just did this to start a discussion.

It's all true. Sell all your stuff and buy a sketchpad and some pencils. Post processing is pretty much just your signature and optionally, a coat of clear finish. Oh, and there's no "auto" mode, unless you use coloring books.

Hey...coloring books are cool.

I think they are closing. Mostly because I don't know much of anything except the things I want to believe so it must be true on some plane of existence but most likely means nothing.

If Kodak is still operating I'm pretty sure Nikon will manage...

Hmm, what ? AFAIK Kodak went bankrupt ? Only the name survived ?

Hmm, what ? AFAIK Kodak went bankrupt ? Only the name survived ?
I think Kodak went Chapter 11 - reorganization/refi and not Chapter 13 - discharge/liquidation. And they came back the other end a changed organization.

Wait, if Nikon goes out, who will take over their number 2 position behind Canon?

:p

Most reactions

Back