Could really use some help!

JBrown

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Got married not to long ago and really like this picture. Its not perfect, but I feel it has a lot of potential for a good wall hanger. I have plenty of experience with photo editing in general (skin retouching etc), but have never really replaced skies etc.

Ive been watching tutorials, but they just dont seem to be getting me there, it looks to fake. Normally for web posting It doesnt have to be perfect, but I wanted to get a 24x36 on this from BumbleJax behind Acrylic. When spending that kind of money it sorta needs to be. So can anyone help with some sky replacement or recommend a company that does awesome photoshop work that could help? I really want it to look somewhat natural and not over the top.

Please do not post images to which you do not hold rights.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm a little confused about why you would want your wedding picture to look like it happened in a setting OTHER than where it actually took place…nevertheless…

1. I assume that the first image is one your photographer took at the wedding?
Unless your contract stated that you had the right to alter the image, then you do NOT have the right to alter it. Therefore, any requests for things like replacing the sky really need to be directed to the person who originally took the photo and who, presumably, still holds the copyright to said photos.

2. TPF doesn't allow posting of photos unless you own the copyright. You may provide a LINK to the photos, but not post the photos themselves. I'd suggest that, unless you actually took these pictures, you host them somewhere else and provide a link here, because a moderator will likely be around shortly to remove them.

Other than the aforementioned issue about copyright
This should be easy for your experience.

Find another photo in your library that has the sky that you like
and copy a part of it and start duplicating it in the photo.
You'll have issues of course if you have a tree and such but look up layers and see what you can do there.
I'm not a photoshop expert (only own Photoshop Express) but you state you have plenty of experience in photo editing. Good luck.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back